Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
Huh. Two votes for Taurus. Interesting.

I know none of these guns are goiing to be fun at the range. Part of me thinks I should forgo the pocket 380 and get a Shield 9 or something...but if I can conceal the shield I could probably conceal the M&P. I guess I need to fondle a Shield again. It's been quite a while since I really looked at one.

freedom

Sniper
Mar 25, 2015
Covington, Ga
Zip code

I know none of these guns are goiing to be fun at the range. Part of me thinks I should forgo the pocket 380 and get a Shield 9 or something...but if I can conceal the shield I could probably conceal the M&P. I guess I need to fondle a Shield again. It's been quite a while since I really looked at one.

If your just looking at the numbers, it seems that way, but with a good set up, you can make a shield or something that size disappear. I went with the XDs, mainly because of the 3 mags and holster rebate Springfield was running, but it's a much more easy to carry than a G19 even though it's only 3/16" slimmer. It feels like much more.

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
If your just looking at the numbers, it seems that way, but with a good set up, you can make a shield or something that size disappear. I went with the XDs, mainly because of the 3 mags and holster rebate Springfield was running, but it's a much more easy to carry than a G19 even though it's only 3/16" slimmer. It feels like much more.

This is the problem. I spend a lot of time having to wear dress pants with a tucked in shirt. An M&P 9 is just too big to wear even with one of those tuckable holsters. I still have my gun with me but its typically in my bag or my lunchbox. There are times where I can't have either of those so I want/need something that I can very easily hide. I kinda like the idea of a bodyguard 380 in a sneaky pete holster...but I would feel under gunned. I'd much rather carry a shield or G43 but those make the sneaky pete holsters noticeably larger than your average cell phone carrier would be.

jwtug

Tamer of Electrons
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 6, 2015
Dixie (and Powder Springs)
Zip code
I've got a bodyguard 380 and I love it. 99% of the time I carry my S&W shield in 40 cal IWB though.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

freedom

Sniper
Mar 25, 2015
Covington, Ga
Zip code
This is the problem. I spend a lot of time having to wear dress pants with a tucked in shirt. An M&P 9 is just too big to wear even with one of those tuckable holsters. I still have my gun with me but its typically in my bag or my lunchbox. There are times where I can't have either of those so I want/need something that I can very easily hide. I kinda like the idea of a bodyguard 380 in a sneaky pete holster...but I would feel under gunned. I'd much rather carry a shield or G43 but those make the sneaky pete holsters noticeably larger than your average cell phone carrier would be.

Tried a belly band? SOB holster? I think you could easily conceal a G43, Shield, XDs under a dress shirt with a tuckable.

Is a G42 too big? That shoots pretty well for a small pistol, and you can get good sights for it.

Righter13

Student of life
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Greenville SC
Zip code
I have the bodyguard w laser. Factory trigger sucks...

And honestly if I was to get another one id go without the laser. Not very practical in my opinion.

Reactions: Shemp

Wallace

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 26, 2015
Cartersville
Zip code
LCP- most comfortable

P11 - small with alot of capacity, horribly uncomfortable to shoot.

DB9 - tiny, low capacity and uncomfortable to shoot.

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
I have the bodyguard w laser. Factory trigger sucks...

And honestly if I was to get another one id go without the laser. Not very practical in my opinion.

I agree. If there was a pressure switch in the front of the grip so that it was automatically turned on it'd be a nice feature. The way it is now it's kind of useless.

Reactions: Righter13

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
Tried a belly band? SOB holster? I think you could easily conceal a G43, Shield, XDs under a dress shirt with a tuckable.

Is a G42 too big? That shoots pretty well for a small pistol, and you can get good sights for it.

Not necessarily too big. The G42 is about as big as I'd want to go...the G43 just puts it out of my size range.

It'd be a tough call between a G42 and a Shield.

Last edited:

Kobayashi

Frontiersman
Mar 25, 2015
Ola
For the situation you're describing, a TCP in a wallet holster works very well. Pocket carry is a breeze.

Kobayashi

Frontiersman
Mar 25, 2015
Ola

Honestly, the bar for build quality isn't set very high for these pocket class pistols, and the Taurus is on par with the rest. The main advantage the TCP has is that the trigger guard is pushed forward. It makes a substantial ergo difference with a gun this small.

hqdefault.jpg

Reactions: Shemp

freedom

Sniper
Mar 25, 2015
Covington, Ga
Zip code
Honestly, the bar for build quality isn't set very high for these pocket class pistols, and the Taurus is on par with the rest. The main advantage the TCP has is that the trigger guard is pushed forward. It makes a substantial ergo difference with a gun this small.

hqdefault.jpg

I also believe, the way the grip has a higher cut out that's closer to the slide, helps it manage recoil much more effectively than the LCP.

Reactions: Kobayashi

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
S&W bodyguard is the biggest piece of shit gun I've ever owned. Between the two I'd get a 2nd Gen LCP. I used to love shooting the one @Hayata has. With a Hogue grip on it it was actually pleasant to shoot, and was quite accurate out to about 10 yards.

H

Hoss

I've had TCPs and several LCP's. I did not keep my LCP. The TCP has a lot more going for it. I will take it over an LCP any day of the week. It fits my hand better, locks open on an empty mag, aims better, and has a better trigger.

BackWoods

Frontiersman
Jul 5, 2015
Temple
Zip code
Glock 42. Have close to 500rds through the one mom owns and very rarely a hang up(she Limp wrist it a few times). I've seen take down pins from LCP's and Bodyguards along with other parts fall/shear off the gun while shooting at far less rounds. Yes, they aren't range guns but, still.