Pistol range loses again

Faktory 47

davevabch

Frontiersman
Jun 9, 2012
stopped by the old range yesterday to see what was going on. Noticed my yearly range card was expiring this month and sadly will not be renewing. What is the use? The ammo hoaders have done them a job, just like the rest of us. Instead I will be putting the money to a new air PISTOL that I can shoot from home for pennies on the dollar.

By the way, I thought I would throw this in. If anyone is ever looking for a Air Rifle that has almost a cult following among air gunners, a rifle that has wonderful German Engineering, a trigger that is one of the best you have ever shot, a rilfe to teach young kids, and easy for the ladies yet loved by adult men, then check out the famous Beeman R7/Weilrauch HW 30. The quality of this rifle will last for many generations down the road.

http://airgun-academy.pyramydair.com/blog/2010/09/beeman-r7-part-1/

http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Beeman_R7_Air_Rifle_No_Sights/1899;jsessionid=39435F49091D15906F40A7D866206E01.app02

By the way, I have one and had it tuned with a Vortek Kit, which made perfect ever better. Increased the velocity and reduced the already quiet gun down even further.

http://vortekproducts.com/ourstore

Slowhand

Support the right to self defense.
Jun 8, 2012
Irmo, SC
Unfortunate that circumstances dictate that you find yourself giving up on the range. But things will pickup and you will get back in the game again.

redmond

Woodsman
Jun 8, 2012
Western WA
Went to the range Friday and shot a couple hundred rounds - mostly .22. Only about 4 other people there. Ammo stocks were way up though - except .22. PMC .223 for $10/20.

Air rifles are a lot of fun too. I have a Weirauch HW 55M that I bought in early '70s that is still a fabulously accurate target rifle. Need to get it out of the safe and shoot it...

davevabch

Frontiersman
Jun 9, 2012
I personally have mixed feeling concerning where the sport will go. I worry more about the hoarders, the NRA scare tactics and the Media constant blasting of rhetoric more than I do about legislation against shooting, especially in my pro gun state. There will always be a new tragic event with a gun that will make the news. And every instance will be the same constant spewing of garbage that will do nothing but aid the hoarders in keeping the price of ammo sky high, until it comes to the point that it is just to expensive to shoot on a regular basis. (at least for me anyway). Like everything in life, it usually comes down to the money. The hoarders and scalpers are going to control things for a long while coming. They know that they can make triple the money on their investment in ammo. As time goes on they will become smarter at procuring this ammo and controlling the market. Might as well face the facts now.

Slowhand

Support the right to self defense.
Jun 8, 2012
Irmo, SC
Understood. I've been watching this little never ending soap opera for decades now and refuse to buckle under to it.

millsriver

Hunter
Jun 21, 2012
North Carolina
Our outdoor range has just added a section of three stations to the pistol range with target hangers at 7 and 10 yards. Based upon several requested from members, they have opened these three stations to air guns. Some of the folks use them for their own air gun target shooting and some are using air guns to teach youngsters. I may have to get back into air guns if the ammo shortage continues. I am reminded that the Lewis & Clark expedition took an air powered rifle with them.

davevabch

Frontiersman
Jun 9, 2012
Wow! that is fantastic news! I can already shoot pellet guns at my local range. But a dedicated range section would be great. I would also love to see some of these paintball courses add a target range for pellet rifles.