Phoenix Arms HP22A

GA Firing Line

OLDBEARCAT

Hunter
Jun 8, 2012
I purchased the same Phoenix Arms kit but in black a few months ago. About the nicest packaged/boxed gun I ever bought. My only concern has been that the firing pin does not seem to strike the cartridge very hard. A small print just on the edge and not very deep. I hope it does not get any weaker!

I have only test fired mine a few times.

How does the firing pin print look on your spent shells?

That spring when changing barrels first time certainly has a mind of it's own!

RICHGCOOP

Marksman
Mar 7, 2010
CANTON, OHIO
Zip code
On the primer here is a fired case. Pulled the bullet out to give you an idea what it looks like.
On my extra barrel I had to do a little honing to get it to fit in real nice.

RICHGCOOP

DROID3 - Tap talk

RICHGCOOP

Marksman
Mar 7, 2010
CANTON, OHIO
Zip code
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The Compact Carry Forum management does not approve, endorse or recommend ANY modifications to a firearm that would affect, change, or remove any safety feature or function on that firearm. Firearm owners should also be aware that making any modifications to a firearm not only may void the firearm manufacturer's warranty but may expose the shooter and others to unwarranted safety hazards. Firearm owners must be aware that they will likely be held liable for any consequences arising from modifying their firearms.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Here I am Altering the safeties on my wifes pistol and make it usable.
On the magazine safety I do not bend it up like one most videos. I roll up a sticker and slide down underneath to hold it up. That way it can be easily reversed.
I put red and white paint on the safety so it's easier to see. I do trim off a little bit of the safety button of the magazine release.

RICHGCOOP

DROID3 - Tap talk