Night Sights

Howard Law

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
I want to put night sights on my P30, but I know virtually nothing about them. I have a Sig with night sights, but the front one died right around the one year mark. That's the extent of my experience. I wouldn't bother if that's what I can expect. Should I slap some of these on it?

https://us.hkwebshop.com/HKWebShop/show/byItemID/10115//200///////////true

Are there better options? Pros, Cons?

AirOpsMgr

Director of Lavatory Services
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
I want to put night sights on my P30, but I know virtually nothing about them. I have a Sig with night sights, but the front one died right around the one year mark. That's the extent of my experience. I wouldn't bother if that's what I can expect. Should I slap some of these on it?

https://us.hkwebshop.com/HKWebShop/show/byItemID/10115//200///////////true

Are there better options? Pros, Cons?
I liked the Trijicon HDs I had, pricey, but much better than stock.

TattooedGunner

Frontiersman
Mar 31, 2015
Cedartown, GA
Zip code
Meprolights are pretty good sights. I've had a few sets.

Night sights should last way longer than a year. I think most of them advertise around 12 years or so?

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
If this is a day and night gun night sights are great but look for ones with a front sight that is brighter red/orange dot to help with daylight or indoor shooting.

Reactions: Willy Leadwell

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
The more I think about it the more I wonder why night sights are so popular. If I get jumped at night I don't see myself lining up 3 dots before I shoot....I have a feeling it would be point-shooting for many SD situations.

Reactions: Waterguy

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
I liked the Trijicon HDs I had, pricey, but much better than stock.
Priced about the same as the Mepros from what I can tell. I don't mind paying for quality. Not sure how I feel about the tiny blacked out rear sight, I've never shot one like that. I would definitely want to use one before I bought them.

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
If this is a day and night gun night sights are great but look for ones with a front sight that is brighter red/orange dot to help with daylight or indoor shooting.
It's the most versatile of all the handguns that I own. I carry it, keep it by the bed for fast access HD(I keep most long guns a little more secure these days with 3 little boys running around) and it's a fun range toy. It's also a suppressor host.

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
The more I think about it the more I wonder why night sights are so popular. If I get jumped at night I don't see myself lining up 3 dots before I shoot....I have a feeling it would be point-shooting for many SD situations.
I think it's only point and shoot because of muscle memory. Your eye lines up the sights without thinking about it because you've practiced it so many times. I don't believe things would work our quite as well as you think if you can't see your sights.

They're also way cool and the kids love 'em, so really if you think about it, it's for the children.

freedom

Sniper
Mar 25, 2015
Covington, Ga
Zip code
In all honesty, once you try something like a black rear our straight eight style, I don't think you'll go back to 3 dot. Much quicker sight acquisition, and you really don't line up the dots for target shooting, you line up the actual sights and ignore the dots, colors, etc. The color ring is really good for shooting around dusk, in a certain type of light they really glow.

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
That was for righter13.

Ameriglo doesn't have anything I like for HK. Trijicon HDs are a little high IMO, but they are great sights.
I was just looking at their site, I don't see anything at all for P30. They have one option for the USP and that's it.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
A dim front sight is helpful in very low light.