New York man arrested for having too much legal ammo and guns

American Revival Apparel Company

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
In NY everything is registered and tracked...I think if you buy ammo out of state it has to go through a dealer.
In NJ, handgun ammo had to be tracked. We had to write down sales with names, addresses, ph#'s, etc in a fucking Mead notebook.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
same thing with the parts to assemble and AR 10 or 15. He probably just had some stocks or grips.

It is astounding to me, yet not surprising, that the legal system in this country lets crap like this happen.
The legal system doesn't prevent abuses of power, it allows the citizen the legal right to defend themselves and be proven innocent. Law enforcement can charge people with whatever crime they like, and I've been on the receiving end of it in the Northeast...it's 100% bullshit.

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
The legal system doesn't prevent abuses of power, it allows the citizen the legal right to defend themselves and be proven innocent. Law enforcement can charge people with whatever crime they like, and I've been on the receiving end of it in the Northeast...it's 100% bullshit.

Valid point but you get what I was trying to say?

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Valid point but you get what I was trying to say?
I do, but the issue is with massive amounts of legislation created in the attempt to stop crime. The firearms code in NJ is the size of a phonebook, no lie. If there is a law that's tough to figure out, LE is happy to charge you and let the courts decipher the law for them. That's the real problem.....tons of legislation passed by people that don't understand firearms, hate firearms, get their info from Hollywood, and attempt to demonize gun owners with laws that don't deter crime. That's the caustic environment that our fellow gun owners in states like NJ and NY have to deal with. It's ridiculous.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
What makes it handgun ammo?
Basically any round that was generally considered to be for a handgun. The last thing we wanted to do was confuse them and include more cartridges.