Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters

SafeCracka

Little Bitch
Trusted Trader
Mar 29, 2015
Screenshot City
Zip code
I've always gotten by with Harris bi-pods and Goodyear tires... I don't need an Atlas (I have no idea what you have on that rifle). I load most of my rifle ammo, but wouldn't mind hearing what you've got.

I have a Harris on my bolt gun, it does the job just dandy....

Reactions: dial1911

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
I've always gotten by with Harris bi-pods and Goodyear tires... I don't need an Atlas (I have no idea what you have on that rifle). I load most of my rifle ammo, but wouldn't mind hearing what you've got.

Remington 700 in 308 (still in factory box)
20" Barrel with treaded lug
1:10" twist
Grille Green Stock
Harris Bipod 6'-9" with S Lock
Weaver Picatinny Rail with 20 MOA

Rifle is in perfect condition and only had 20 rounds shot through it
1 box of Black Hills ammo
1/2 box Federal Premium Gold Match

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Liberty

nitrocellulose dispenser
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2015
Ga
Zip code
Actually that was the best shooting rifle my grubby paws have gotten a hold on.

Liberty

nitrocellulose dispenser
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2015
Ga
Zip code
Well men it was fun, I am off to bed.

freedom

Sniper
Mar 25, 2015
Covington, Ga
Zip code
It depends on what you want to do more. If you are just going to ge the optic, mount it, and stick the rifle back in the safe, get the AK. Hell, even if you going to shoot but only going out to 1-300 yards, get the AK.

If you really want to get into precision shooting and get out to some good distance, get the NF.

Rob Sheppers class @TruPrep this past Saturday was fantastic. So so much info on optics. After that class, I have settled on NF for the money, as well as MOA turrets/reticle and SFP.

Why MOA, just curious? The slightly finer adjustments? Less math?

Wallace

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 26, 2015
Cartersville
Zip code
Why MOA, just curious? The slightly finer adjustments? Less math?
Exactly. Also, it's not necessarily less math, as the constants are the only things that change with ranging formulas, but the finer adjustments are more enticing for sure.

freedom

Sniper
Mar 25, 2015
Covington, Ga
Zip code
Exactly. Also, it's not necessarily less math, as the constants are the only things that change with ranging formulas, but the finer adjustments are more enticing for sure.

If you can tell the difference between a .25moa and .34moa adjustment you're a much better shooter than me.

I think mil-mil is slightly better for ranging at unknown distances but I'm fine with either. The only thing I wouldn't buy is a mil-moa scope.

One thing to think about, it's only a finer adjustment at the one click level. If you're .65 moa off, mil adjustments will get you closer. But this is one where I don't think there's a right answer as long as you understand the system you're using.

Reactions: Wallace

Wallace

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 26, 2015
Cartersville
Zip code
If you can tell the difference between a .25moa and .34moa adjustment you're a much better shooter than me.

I think mil-mil is slightly better for ranging at unknown distances but I'm fine with either. The only thing I wouldn't buy is a mil-moa scope.

One thing to think about, it's only a finer adjustment at the one click level. If you're .65 moa off, mil adjustments will get you closer. But this is one where I don't think there's a right answer as long as you understand the system you're using.
Your last part is key. After going to Rob's optic class, if you don't have the understanding, it won't matter at all, MOA, shooters MOA, Mil, just won't matter.

Yes, the mixed turret/reticle are still a mystery to me. Doesn't make much since to add that extra step of annoying to an optic.

Just learning more about long range optics, but I think MOA will be my first choice. Unknown ranging should be the same-ish for both from seeing the examples and hearing how too. The part I see having the biggest issue with will be sizing a target (the human interpretation error part), especially something very far in high heat when you cannot use you max power. Again though, lots for me to learn. Long range optics have been my weak point for sure. Just hoping to get into them and get comfortable with the basics and going from there.