M&P Shield 9mm Purchase

Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

Sadkins

Hunter
Nov 18, 2014
Springboro Ohio
I finally picked up the M&P Shield in 9mm. I actually bought the Bersa BP9cc at Miami Armory. They made me a good deal as it was a new gun but had "scratches" that I couldn't find. Anyway, I got it home and field stripped it. Everything looked good but when I went to put it back together, the slide would not go all the way onto the frame. I tried for for 30 minutes and it would not go. I took it back up and they couldn't get it either and said that it would have to go back to Bersa. I suggested an exchange for the Shield and he agreed. So, hats off to Miami Armory for making the switch and not sticking me with a 3-4 week wait to send the gun in for repair. I didn't get a "great deal" on the Shield but the Customer Service made up for it.

I look forward to putting some rounds down range this weekend.

Regards,

Steve

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
Welcome back stranger! Maybe you need to buy more guns so you hang out with us here a little more often @Sadkins. hahahah! I have always been a Glock fanboy and always will be...however saying that, I have enjoyed handling and shooting both the S&W M&P Shield, the HK's VP9 and Springfield XD's. They all make great guns, it's just what you end up growing more fond of...and with Glock in my backyard, the ease of service, the warranty, the accessibility of parts, ease of breakdown, reliability and the utilitarian aspect of the Glock, I stick with what I know. However I love having friends that have other brands so I get to shoot them as well (hint, hint, hint). :)

Sadkins

Hunter
Nov 18, 2014
Springboro Ohio
I was very close to getting the XDs but I don't know as many who have them and I have never shot the S. I've shot the full size XD and it was really nice but Never the S. So, with all of the fantastic reports on the Shield and the comparable price, I made the call. @dougiemac, you can come here and shoot any time.

Reactions: dougiemac

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
Glad the shop took care of you. Hate to say it, but you should have bought the Shield the first time around. I have let the gun speak for itself several times with people who were undecided until they shot mine. Still stock.

Sadkins

Hunter
Nov 18, 2014
Springboro Ohio
Glad the shop took care of you. Hate to say it, but you should have bought the Shield the first time around. I have let the gun speak for itself several times with people who were undecided until they shot mine. Still stock.

I really liked the Shield but my friend has one so I was going to try to do something different. Every review I read or watched on the Bersa BP9 was very positive and the trigger on the BP9 is fantastic. In the end, I am very happy to have the S&W and look forward to years of use :)

H

Hoss

Reassembly is a major pain in the butt on the BP9CC. I'm not sure what causes it to hang up like it does but the one I had was so hard to put back together that I dreaded cleaning it. I never could get past the gritty trigger on my BP9CC so I sold it. It was like a light, 7-stage trigger pull with an unpredictable break.

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
The Sccy CPX-2 is a better pistol than the BP9! The Bersa Thunder .380 is not a bad pistol either. Just don't understand how they got it so wrong on the BP9.

Sadkins

Hunter
Nov 18, 2014
Springboro Ohio
Reassembly is a major pain in the butt on the BP9CC. I'm not sure what causes it to hang up like it does but the one I had was so hard to put back together that I dreaded cleaning it. I never could get past the gritty trigger on my BP9CC so I sold it. It was like a light, 7-stage trigger pull with an unpredictable break.
the small "back plate" on the back of the slide had shifted downward and was catching the trigger assembly or something like that. The slide has 2 or three prongs that sick up toward the back and that is where it was getting hung up. I loved the trigger on mine but unfortunately never got to do anything but dry-fire. So it may have been crap or the best thing ever. I guess I will never know. :)

madHatter

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Fuckville
My gripe with with h sccy is how it felt in my hand. It was too long for my girly hands. Width wise fantastic, amazingly smooth da pull. Consistent break, just too long of a reach for the trigger.

Others have had better luck with them and I do recommend them to people who cannot afford glock (not a glock fanboi).

But your shield will serve you well. Runn 500 rounds then clean it. Great carry piece :thumb:

Reactions: jwtug