Looking for a new range

Faktory 47

Randy (OHGO)

Woodsman
Feb 6, 2016
I am looking for a new range to shoot at. Looking for outdoor, pistol/rifle/shotgun, public(no membership) where I can set up my targets or just throw clays and attempt to hit them. Hopefully less than an hour away from Cuyahoga Falls. Any suggestions?

~ZENAS~

Tracker
Mar 14, 2016
Why no membership? The private club is a much cheaper and better option for shooting on your own than any other public option. Check out your local sportsman's club. In my county, our club has a huge 200 yard rifle/pistol range with 5 very large bays. Membership is $75 a year and members can use the range whenever they want. It doesn't get better than that for just going out, setting up your own targets, and shooting as much as you want for cheaper than 2 trips to a public range.

Randy (OHGO)

Woodsman
Feb 6, 2016
was looking for no membership fee since I don't know how many times a year I would go. I have an indoor pistol range near me, but am looking for a range where I can just throw clays and plink with a .22 rifle maybe two or three times a year.

~ZENAS~

Tracker
Mar 14, 2016
What I'm saying is that the membership fee for most clubs is less than you would pay for a range that is pay as you go. Significantly.

HOG2K

Hobbyist Photographer
Jan 30, 2016
Why no membership? The private club is a much cheaper and better option for shooting on your own than any other public option. Check out your local sportsman's club. In my county, our club has a huge 200 yard rifle/pistol range with 5 very large bays. Membership is $75 a year and members can use the range whenever they want. It doesn't get better than that for just going out, setting up your own targets, and shooting as much as you want for cheaper than 2 trips to a public range.

Hi TL,

Where is this range at please?

Bills Guns

Hunter
Aug 24, 2016
Sorry I can't help more, the one range I know a guy was operating and let the public use too he just closed to the public because people are assholes. Luckily he's letting a few of us to keep using it. Where you located, I'm allowed to bring guests with me and maybe once he gets to know you and see you aren't trashing the place he'll let you use it too.

David (OHGO)

Tracker
Sep 29, 2016

Just wondering about how far this range is from Toledo?

I'm trying to find a decent club like this with a rifle range. Paying $20+ every visit to shooters is getting nonsensical.

~ZENAS~

Tracker
Mar 14, 2016
David, the Fulton County Sportsmen's Club is where I go. It is in Wauseon, just off Airport Highway. So 30 minutes or so from Toledo.

Here's their website if you are interested. You just need to go to a meeting or a trap shoot to sign up and join. 

http://www.fultoncosportsmenclub.org/

Ohiobellboy

Frontiersman
Feb 1, 2016
Just wondering about how far this range is from Toledo?

I'm trying to find a decent club like this with a rifle range. Paying $20+ every visit to shooters is getting nonsensical.

Do they offer a yearly membership? All of the ranges around here do. I also got tired of spending $20+ every trip to the range. With the membership I go at least twice a month on my off days during the week and get the wife down there at least one Sunday a month. Pays for itself in a short time. It is a non-rifle caliper only range though.