Kahr PM9 anyone?

Faktory 47

SmokyT

Hunter
May 13, 2014
USA
I have been range testing it for several months with very positive results. It will be my cool weather CCW.

SmokyT

Hunter
May 13, 2014
USA
Yeah, I think it is. I love it. It's light and small, very reliable and +P rated. You can't ask for more. Its trigger reminds me of that of a custom DA revolver from the 70's or 80's.

SmokyT

Hunter
May 13, 2014
USA
On other forums, I've read quite a few negative reviews of Kahr polymer frame pistols saying that they are very unreliable with all the design flaws, etc. Given the consistency of modern manufacturing process, it is hard for me to believe that my stock PM9 that is very reliable is so much different from those "unreliable" PM/CM9s that some are having problems with. After all, they were all made in the same manner, from the same materials, by the same machines at the same factory and though the same computerized process...

davevabch

Frontiersman
Jun 9, 2012
Wow! looks great trigger. . I have the Lc9 and was thinking of getting another one with the new trigger, but will have to check this fine pistol out!

SmokyT

Hunter
May 13, 2014
USA
Yeah, you should definitely look into CM9 or PM9 for your micro 9mm CCW.

After reading all the positive reviews, I also installed Wolff's 5LB striker spring and smoothed the rough edges of the trigger bar (where it rides on the "U" shape hook of the trigger bar spring) with #1000 wet/dry sandpaper. Now my MP9's trigger feels even better than ever! It's still a relatively long pull, but is extremely smooth and consistent. (Because of the longer DA revolver like pull, it requires a bit of practice to do a quick "double tap," though.)

Pops

Woodsman
Jun 8, 2012
Maine
Smokey,
I have a PM9 that I carry in a Crossbreed Minituck. 95% of the time we go out she is with me. Excellent shooter and easy to carry. My favorate carry piece. ;)

SmokyT

Hunter
May 13, 2014
USA
I've put about 2,800 rounds through mine and I'm loving it! Needed a bit of work to make it 100% reliable, but it is such a comfortable gun to carry and shoot. I'm waiting for a new IWB holster from Brigade Gunleather.