i posted this on the other site but wanted to share here as well for maybe some more advise

GA Firing Line

kdenton2448

Hunter
Mar 25, 2015
Sebrin, FL
So yesterday i told the wife i was leaving her, i have had to deal with way to much bullcrap to post here but lets just say most men wouldnt habe stayed through even half. She is a bipolar lying junkie and i Just can deal with it ananymore. We moved to Florida (were all of her family is and i have noone) almost a year ago to try and start over and its just the same old **** all over again the last 3 years have been absolute hell and im just done with it so i told her im leaving, gave motice at work and im packing up and heading back for GA the first of may. It was a very hard decision especially knowing i have to leave my son behind until i can go to court and fight for him, but i know it is for the best, she is poison and just bringing me down as a person.

Sorry i just need to get that off my chest, thanks for listening
Kyle

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
I'll say the same thing I said over there. Taking off and leaving your child, putting your own feelings and desires above that of your own child is one of the most selfish things a person can possibly do. IMO. Good luck, especially for the poor kid caught in between his addict mother and a father who is leaving him with her.

Reactions: sam

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
I'm gonna post this here where I don't have to worry so much about being infractionated.

And i have been told by another sherrif in GA that i cant just take him and leave the satate
Then don't leave the state.

You're either full of shit or you're stupid as hell for not having an attorney and handling this like a man instead of running away. Get offended, get mad, report me to the mods, I don't give a fuck. When it comes to kids, I don't mess around and I have no respect for those that do. Ordinarily I wouldn't get involved in another man's business, but you brought this on yourself by posting your intention to run away in public forum.

kdenton2448

Hunter
Mar 25, 2015
Sebrin, FL
Im not offended at all i do completely understand what you are saying and am not happy about the decision i have had to make im not abandoning him we have both talked about it and i know he is safe if i thought for even a second that he wouldnt be taken care of i would put him in the car and leave right now, if i do not do this ill end up staying with her and the cycle will never end. And trust me i didnt expect all responces to be good ones, i appreciate your input

Reactions: Bypass

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
Im not offended at all i do completely understand what you are saying and am not happy about the decision i have had to make im not abandoning him we have both talked about it and i know he is safe if i thought for even a second that he wouldnt be taken care of i would put him in the car and leave right now, if i do not do this ill end up staying with her and the cycle will never end. And trust me i didnt expect all responces to be good ones, i appreciate your input
Well just know that if you leave him there, there's a much, much greater chance he will follow in her footsteps.

Reactions: Shemp

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
I would lawyer up ASAP and either stay in state or visit extremely regularly. Fight for full custody.

Delete facebook, don't talk publicly about your wife, listen to your lawyer.

Just remember you have to take care of your own sanity before you can help others, that includes your son, but you do owe him the duty of a father.

Reactions: Shemp

kdenton2448

Hunter
Mar 25, 2015
Sebrin, FL
I would lawyer up ASAP and either stay in state or visit extremely regularly. Fight for full custody.

Delete facebook, don't talk publicly about your wife, listen to your lawyer.

Just remember you have to take care of your own sanity before you can help others, that includes your son, but you do owe him the duty of a father.
I don plan on getting a lawyer as soon as possible as well as planning to visit as often as possible, i have no facebook or any other social media besides instagram and the woman is a great mother but not such a good wife

Liberty

nitrocellulose dispenser
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2015
Ga
Zip code
Don't abandon the kid to a druggie! What are YOU smoking?

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Sorry to hear it. Don't forget to do a little "soul searching" to see what you've contributed to the toxic relationship.

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
@kdenton2448 has not posted the full story. I read this on the other site as well. If you knew all the details, there is no working this thing out. I understand your situation and feel that you do need to get out of the relationship. I would not let your wife's family stop you from doing what you need to do. You say you have family here in Georgia and that you cannot stay in Florida because you do not have any way to care for your son while you are at work. Is there not any way a family member could come down there if you were to get an apartment somewhere near your job and help you out? If not, can they send you some money and help you get set up in a new place so that you can afford to put your son in daycare while you are at work? You may not be able to take your child out of state but there is no reason why you cannot take him with you if you stay in Florida. Based on the criminal problems your wife is having, you should be able to apply for temporary custody of your son until you can get divorced and then apply for full custody. It sounds like your wife is going to be in prison soon anyway. If you can show that you can provide a stable home environment for your son, there is not a judge in the world that will keep him from you.

sam

Marksman
Trusted Trader
Apr 8, 2015
byron
Zip code
3 sides to every story,urs,hers and the truth.
some people make lousy wives/lousy husbands BUT can still be great parents (speaking from experience!)
I went back to work when my son was 3 weeks old,daycare,not family.just check out daycare B4 u enroll him,he's 5 so might have after school daycare,check into it.
I couldn't imagine just up and leaving the state. I have never been away from my children until recently(son joined army) and he is an adult and its still hard for me!
remember that if ur soon to be X is crazy,ur going to have to figure a way to get along,u do have a INNOCENT child that needs u both.
good luck and don't make any rash decisions that may effect ur child the rest of his life!

Reactions: Hoss and Liberty

TattooedGunner

Frontiersman
Mar 31, 2015
Cedartown, GA
Zip code
It's been a few days now. I don't understand why you haven't talked to a lawyer.

I have an ex wife that is a good mom, but we were not meant to be together. If your ex is a druggie, that is not what you are dealing with here. You need to do everything you can to get him away from that.

H

Hoss

If you leave the state, getting custody later will be difficult. Get a lawyer and make sure it's a better one than she has. Document everything.

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
I have spoken with an attorney things have been arranged her parents are on my side and my son is comeing back to GA with me
Thanks for all advise
Glad to hear that the parents are on your side. I had a problem with my first wife and in Georgia, the father is never awarded custody. Her parents wanted temporary guardianship which worked for me as I was not capable of taking care of my daughter at the time. The mother was into drugs and had legal issues as well. It worked for me because I got to see my daughter when I wanted until I could get money together for a divorce,