How to properly brake a new holster in.

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

Cudruln

Turning dollars into pennies.
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
Got a new holster some time ago. Seems I still have some squeaking coming from the leather/clip area. It is not terribly loud, but I can notice it. Any tips or tricks to help take the squeak away.

Reactions: Red Dawn

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
Got a new holster some time ago. Seems I still have some squeaking coming from the leather/clip area. It is not terribly loud, but I can notice it. Any tips or tricks to help take the squeak away.
Wear it all the time...Never take it off...Sleep with it on your hip. It will go away in a couple weeks.

A light dose of baby powder or some leather conditioner would help too.

Stick one of these between clip and holster

image.jpg

Cudruln

Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
I wear it as much as I possibly can, shoot I may just start wearing it to work. I have had it for awhile though and still seems to have a slight squeak. I will see what I can do about the baby powder or leather conditioner. But yes it is a leather backed holster with a kydex form. I love the holster just can't stand the little squeak.

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
Try some WD on it. If that doesn't work, through it down in the driveway and run over it a couple of times! That should kill the midget mouse living in there!

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
The squeak from a leather holster is one of my favorite sounds.

Anyway, CRP leather conditioner, boot conditioner, saddle soap. Just make sure you don't get it so soft that it loses it's shape and retention abilities.

Reactions: Cudruln

Cudruln

Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
So after further investigation and wearing it all day at work. I noticed that the squeak is coming from the clip rubbing against the leather. So I will be looking at putting something between there to stop the squeak

Reactions: Red Dawn

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
Candle wax works well too. I've done this on all of my hybrid holsters.

Reactions: Cudruln