Here is a concept I am working on.

GA Firing Line

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I just did a quick search and it looks like this is being done. Make sure you aren't infringing on any patents with the design. Odds are you'll be fine even if you are, but it's just something to be aware of. I didn't find any patents that read directly on the idea, but I only spent a few minutes.
http://www.redhillsheaths.com/id5.html

Reactions: dougiemac

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
I just did a quick search and it looks like this is being done. Make sure you aren't infringing on any patents with the design. Odds are you'll be fine even if you are, but it's just something to be aware of. I didn't find any patents that read directly on the idea, but I only spent a few minutes.
http://www.redhillsheaths.com/id5.html

If I'm not mistaken, as long as he isn't selling anything, he can make whatever he wants for his own personal gear and that would not violate any copyrights or trademarks. No?

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
If I'm not mistaken, as long as he isn't selling anything, he can make whatever he wants for his own personal gear and that would not violate any copyrights or trademarks. No?
Essentially yes. There isn't really any way someone could find you if you aren't selling the product, and the only way to collect losses from infringement is having to pay a percentage of your back sales to the patent owner (assignee) and be forced into shutting down business or buying a license to utilize the patent.

Reactions: dougiemac

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
This is a great idea, you just won't be able to obtain exclusive rights. You could probably even produce them for profit with about a .000001% chance of ever having a legal issue.

JBum

Frontiersman
Mar 25, 2015
Mesa, AZ
Zip code
Well someone could easily say just a regular holster is a copyright couldn't they?

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
Am still waiting on my basic black 10 card wallet! Oh and I love the knife and gun combo! Now you can bring a knife and a gun to a gun fight! LOL

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
personally I think it would be better on a mag pouch. Last thing I want is to look like im reaching for a gun when I am just getting a knife. A karambit/mag holster for weak side carry could be very handy.