Guns you don't know why you bought?!

American Revival Apparel Company

BigMikey

Hunter
Jan 31, 2016
I'm sure all of us have some real interesting stuff in our collections including things that are just complete and utter junk. So I'm wondering whats the one gun you have no clue why you bought it but you did anyway.

Mine has to be a ruger LCP. I think I liked how small it was, until I realized that i can barely grip the thing because of how small it was.

RangerTim

Rangers Lead The Way!
Feb 17, 2016
Mine is probably a EAA Witness steel frame 9mm. It's a nice shooting gun, but as a Glock guy I pretty much never shoot the thing. Honestly....only reason I have it is because I got it in a trade. lol

Adding the fact they quite making them in 1994 and it's in excellent condition it's kind of a cool one to hang on to.

HOG2K

Hobbyist Photographer
Jan 30, 2016
Ruger LCR 357/38,

Bought this thinking it would be a great conceal carry gun, which it is.. but the wife took it and it's not the gun I wanted her to have! I wanted her to have a S&W model 60 357 with 3" barrel. I think she would enjoy the S&W a bit more and it fits perfectly in her gun purse.

Have you ever tried to convince your wife that something else was better than what she has? Well, MY wife doesn't un-convince to easy :)

Have a great day!

Mike

RangerTim

Rangers Lead The Way!
Feb 17, 2016
My wife's gun was a S&W 637 Airweight for several years....until she shot my G42. That's was it. In an effort to not lose my back-up gun I had to go buy one for her! Admittedly, she shot the G42 like a pro compared to her j-frame, so I couldn't really argue much!

HOG2K

Hobbyist Photographer
Jan 30, 2016
[QUOTE="Chris Timmerman]My wife's gun was a S&W 637 Airweight for several years....until she shot my G42. That's was it. In an effort to not lose my back-up gun I had to go buy one for her! Admittedly, she shot the G42 like a pro compared to her j-frame, so I couldn't really argue much!

[/QUOTE]
I'm sure it's the longer barrel of the G42 that allows her to shoot better, I'm still trying to convince her to at least shoot the model 60, but she keeps on saying "if it's not broke why fix it" to which I always reply, you love the new kitchen we put in don't you? And the old kitchen wasn't broke but you surely love the new one better.

Well, one of these days I'll get her to shot it... that model 60 is one sweet accurate gun to shoot.

RangerTim

Rangers Lead The Way!
Feb 17, 2016
For my wife it was all about the trigger and sights. She hated the double action trigger and super tiny sights of the j-frame....the G42 actually has REAL sights for being such a small gun, and with the Ghost Edge connector it has a really nice trigger as well. I think that's what won her over the most.

HOG2K

Hobbyist Photographer
Jan 30, 2016
[QUOTE="Chris Timmerman]For my wife it was all about the trigger and sights. She hated the double action trigger and super tiny sights of the j-frame....the G42 actually has REAL sights for being such a small gun, and with the Ghost Edge connector it has a really nice trigger as well. I think that's what won her over the most.

[/QUOTE]
Oh yeah, forgot about the sights too... that certainly can make a difference whether a person likes a gun or not or shoots the gun better, good point.

Mike

JDib

Hunter
Apr 25, 2016
I've had a few over the years. I even had a hipoint 9mm carbine at one point thats probably my biggest regret ever. But the worst part about that one is after I bought it, shot it about 20 times. I through it in my moms attic for about 8 years and sold it for twice what I paid for it.

So I'm pretty proud to say I'm not the only one thats made bad decisions for that silly gun.

Shawn Agne

Woodsman
Feb 22, 2016
TRG-42 in 338LM. Shot it out to 1,900yds once in a Longest shot match, played with it a couple times. Other than that its a safe queen.

JD

Hunter
Apr 25, 2016
Beretta .25 bobcat... I bought it for its size 10+ years ago when I first got my ccw permit. Within a couple months it was replaced with a Bersa Thunder .380. Now that I'm older and wiser I literally have no use for it... it sits in its original box in the back of my safe collecting dust...