Got Glock?

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

SkipD

Helper-outer
Jun 8, 2012
Southeast Wisconsin
Zip code
That video should drive home the critically important need to make sure that your clothing isn't able to cause a potential problem when carrying. This is true regardless of the pistol brand/type that one carries.

Pops

Woodsman
Jun 8, 2012
Maine
Did anyone pick up on the fact that after discharge he pulls it out and points it behind the counter? I thought that was pretty sloppy, particularly if you don't know what caused it to go off; could have been like the issue where multiple rounds fired on the XDS. I would like to think I would have kept it pointed towards the ground and tried to get the mag out asap. This is why you ALWAYS look your gun back into the holster to ensure there is nothing in the way. There is no reason to ever need to quickly and carelessly re-holster a gun.

Slowhand

Support the right to self defense.
Jun 8, 2012
Irmo, SC
Pops said:
Did anyone pick up on the fact that after discharge he pulls it out and points it behind the counter? I thought that was pretty sloppy, particularly if you don't know what caused it to go off; could have been like the issue where multiple rounds fired on the XDS. I would like to think I would have kept it pointed towards the ground and tried to get the mag out asap. This is why you ALWAYS look your gun back into the holster to ensure there is nothing in the way. There is no reason to ever need to quickly and carelessly re-holster a gun.

Well he's standing there with a wound in his leg and probably in a state of shock, so I'd tend to understand his confusion. Based upon what the Talking Heads had to say Glocks and Drawstrings don't go together well. It's apparently not the first time he's had problems, and fortunately no one lese has been injured. Let us hope he get serious about some weapons safety.

Thanks for positing the video Dave, we all need a good reminder that no matter how long one has been carrying, stuff can happen.

3Coyotes

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Effington, Ohio
I've just got this image of the bullet entering his leg just below the holster and running down the length of his thigh. He's most lucky.

I don't think that drawstrings would be prejudiced about the make or model of the gun they manage to pull the trigger. Lesson learned... Care needed: Guns are always loaded and ready to go off.

SkipD

Helper-outer
Jun 8, 2012
Southeast Wisconsin
Zip code
3Coyotes said:
I don't think that drawstrings would be prejudiced about the make or model of the gun they manage to pull the trigger. Lesson learned... Care needed: Guns are always loaded and ready to go off.
One would think that the maker of jackets for law enforcement folks would think about the stupidity of having the drawstrings dangle in the vicinity of their weapons.

3Coyotes

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Effington, Ohio
SkipD said:
3Coyotes said:
One would think that the maker of jackets for law enforcement folks would think about the stupidity of having the drawstrings dangle in the vicinity of their weapons.
With the availability of elastic waistbands on jackets, why even have drawstrings? There seems to be precedent that they're just a bad idea.

lefty60

Scout
Jan 4, 2014
Oregon
It must be the string, no! It's the Glock's fault :-[

May be the Chief needs some additional training :D Or at least some common sense :mad:

Of course opinions may differ ::)

davevabch

Frontiersman
Jun 9, 2012
Not ugly but Butt ugly. Probable one of the most outrageous examples of a sheer utilitarian mass produced product every made. A weapon massed produced for the "government Bid". Triggers are designed for mass shooters, where training must be kept at a minimal. A perfect example is the clown in the video. Just because he is a police chief people actually have a perception that he knows about fire arms. BS. Being in the police department or the military means NOTHING! I live in a military navy town and the most horrendous safety violations that happen daily come from these folks. I see cops come in occasionally and it is most obvious that many cannot hit the broad side of barn door. (by the way, I was in the military and it had nothing to do with my knowledge of firearms and or shooting skills). The cop in the video was a buffoon. First of all, HE HAD NO DAMN BUSINESS, OR RIGHT TO PULL OUT A LOADED WEAPON FOR ANY REASON OTHER THAN TO DEFEND SOMEONE! All my gun shops in my area have a BIG SIGN UPON ENTERING THA ReadsT NO LOADED FIREARMS ALLOWED! I bet anything that the gun shop he entered had one as well. Anyone that carries a glock with that trigger should have very well known of the potential hazards that exist like owning a any type of clothing has he was wearing. Unfortunately, this is NOT the first video of a cop with a Glock shooting himself or others with such a total lack of good judgement. He should have been at least charged with NEGLIGENCE OR A THREAT TO SOCIETY, OR BRANDISHING. There is a term for glocks that I do not see with other weapons and that is "GLOCK LEG", that term did not just invent itself. That idiot, should at least have a court order to have to take a firearm safety course! If he had killed a innocent bystander it would feed the gun haters club like no tomorrow.