Foreign Weapons and Obscure Builds V3

American Revival Apparel Company

slapshut

MAG WHORE EXTRAORDINAIRE
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 27, 2019
Macon ,GA.
I removed the paint from one magazine as a learning experiment. The paint came right off in a lacquer thinner bath with tooth brush. It did not look of feel like the Bulgarian "dye" paint or Russian type paint. The paint got tacky with the mineral spirits /oil clean and my guess would be some type of enamel and nothing special to boot. Here you can see it weeping out of a follower stop. This magazine is 99% conidition. The paint was covering nothing up. The inside top of the magazine, with follower top, was painted also. More or less dobbed on there.

0429222047e.jpg

slapshut

MAG WHORE EXTRAORDINAIRE
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 27, 2019
Macon ,GA.
After paint removal and before I hosed the incredibly "dry" magazine down with WD-40. I felt like it may flash rust of something. Here is a good pic of the front lug welds before oiling. This is a first generation magazine and has no stamps or marks other than two letters on the lower sides of the magazine.

0429222050a.jpg 0429222052b.jpg 0429222045e.jpg

EugenFJR

An anchor on a ship of fools.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Your mom's house
Zip code
yeah i hear ya which this is probably going to be a safe queen most of the time which is why that price is fucking with me

If you build/buy a 20 inch AR rifle, the truth of the matter is, you don't know how well it's going to shoot at distance until you actually, shoot it at distance. If you're going to go that route, I'd suggest you build a M16A4 clone. And stay away from the retro style rifle, if you're building a rifle for accuracy. If you want to just do it on a budget, I'd suggest a PSA build to start off. And if you find that you really like it, buy a higher end upper. I had a friend who bought a Rock River Arms 20 inch rifle, zero it and then win the President's 100 competition. I still need to zero my A4 clone. But I doubt that I'll ever get to shoot it out to 800 meters, a luxury that I had when I was at Ft. McCoy.