Foreign Weapons and Obscure Builds V3

Faktory 47

Fast306stang

Black Bear under anesthesia
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
I slept like shit last night. Knee on fire. Drank some vodka and it put me out. Slept like a baby that doesn't suck. Now I'm up. I'll vodka myself back to sleep. Much better than pain pills.
I was killing Margaronas after work at the Mexican restaurant a few times a week bc of shoulder pain for awhile there. They work real good for that. Kept waking up bc of it for months so I definitely understand. Sorry to hear this.

karlvv

The LEGEND
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 3, 2015
Harlem, GA
Zip code
I was killing Margaronas after work at the Mexican restaurant a few times a week bc of shoulder pain for awhile there. They work real good for that. Kept waking up bc of it for months so I definitely understand. Sorry to hear this.

It happens. I'll be fine. I'll drink my way through it. Drunk Karl is funner anyway.

Fast306stang

Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
You should start a thread about it. ( I'm not being a smart ass ) because I have a few questions about the stuff. I have a newish truck with about 12k, after 9 months of ownership. So the engine is broken in, and most of the mileage is from driving on the highway. The FIAT 124 is 5 years old and only has approximately 17k miles. My question is is there a minimum amount of milage for your vehicle before you use the additive? And how much of this stuff gets added to your oil, and how often? etc. etc.
That reminds me, I need to get the oil changed in the FIAT, even though we have put less than 3k on it this year.
Kermit has 12900 miles on it and I just changed the oil at 12500. These cars are notorious for having a BBQ tick, it sounds like an ignitor for a gas grill. Usually starts after the first oil change. Mine has had it, it's random but I've heard it when coming through the base gate and it echos off the guard shack. Nobody seems to know exactly what engine components make the noise. Injectors/valvetrain would be my inclination but a lot of people are pointing to the timing chain tensioners.

People have been saying that whatever is in Ceratec is in the original oil but I dunno if I believe that or not.

The bottle says 300ml will treat 5 quarts and my car takes 10 quarts so I guess I should use 2 bottles. But I read where someone said he only uses 1 bottle so that's what I did. I didn't hear the tick last night when I backed in the garage so we will see if it definitely got rid of it. Also I'm not sure if he uses it at every oil change...the bottle says it works for up to 30K miles...which could be true if it truly has a molecular bond to the metal so it doesn't come out when the oil is drained.

I read a few interesting positive reviews on Amazon where I bought this stuff, that with the Mustang forum convinced me to at least try it. So far so good but like I say it's only been 1 test drive but I could definitely tell a difference.

I'm gonna take the car back out in a bit for some small grocery shopping, I'm gonna see if my wife can tell a difference. I'm thinking she will.

I could start a thread but I never get email alerts. Maybe @Joseph can check into that? I check this thread daily so I won't miss anything here but if there's a reply in a slooow moving thread I'll never see it.

20220410_113531.jpg 20220410_113535.jpg 20220410_113543.jpg 20220410_113559.jpg

Fast306stang

Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
I second talking about this, I'm interested in knowing a little more about it, too late to add to high mileage truck? Might use on the wife's car
I don't "think" it's too late. I do remember my dad using something similar in the 80s in a Volvo, he drove over a curb by accident and the drain plug came out of the car on the way home. He noticed the car smoking and pulled over. We put a new plug and filled it back up with oil and it never gave any problems. You would think the motor would lock up. I just remembered that stuff was called Slick 50. I'm thinking Ceratec works the same way and the technology has HAD to improved by now.

Last edited:

FarewellToKings

To mould a new reality
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jun 21, 2019
Central, Ga
Zip code

Fast306stang

Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
For those that care, the car definitely drives smoother and has a smoother throttle response than before. Oddly the shifting has smoothed out also, meaning the gears are not as notchy as before. 6 speed manual, so that's a little odd. I'm assuming that has something to do with the engine revving up and down smoother.

Also like I said, the exhaust tone has smoothed out and is quieter now. I've got an X-pipe on it and now it sounds like stock exhaust :facepalm:

AirOpsMgr

Director of Lavatory Services
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
For those that care, the car definitely drives smoother and has a smoother throttle response than before. Oddly the shifting has smoothed out also, meaning the gears are not as notchy as before. 6 speed manual, so that's a little odd. I'm assuming that has something to do with the engine revving up and down smoother.

Also like I said, the exhaust tone has smoothed out and is quieter now. I've got an X-pipe on it and now it sounds like stock exhaust :facepalm:
Time for a Corsa Extreme