Foreign Weapons and Obscure Builds V3

Howard Law

Fast306stang

Black Bear under anesthesia
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
I would never have guessed the plates have screws that far apart. Weird. But they look good.
I think they installed a couple of them a little wonky so the plates were only being held by one screw. I wouldn't have noticed if I didn't start replacing them. Or in this case the receptacles im replacing have a center screw but the new ones have 2 screws

This one is going to be close, I might be able to get away with a needle file...

20220402_211913.jpg

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
I think they installed a couple of them a little wonky so the plates were only being held by one screw. I wouldn't have noticed if I didn't start replacing them. Or in this case the receptacles im replacing have a center screw but the new ones have 2 screws

This one is going to be close, I might be able to get away with a needle file...

View attachment 145497

Jesus Christ... they put the outlets in with drywall screws. Oh god no.

AirOpsMgr

Director of Lavatory Services
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Personally, i want to replace some of the kitchen outlets with the ones that have a built in USB plug. My sister put those on her counter top height outlets and they're really nice to have.
We've replaced a few with the USB combo outlets, also did some of the outlets in the hallway and near the stairs with the outlet/night-light combos, they have daylight sensors & only kick on at night, can adjust brightness, etc.

We did a motion sensor switch/night-light combo in the bathroom, kicks on the lights when you walk in. A lot less stubbed toes and curse words in the middle of the night looking for the switch ;)

DeanMoriarty

oW n ER
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jun 19, 2020
Emerson GA
We've replaced a few with the USB combo outlets, also did some of the outlets in the hallway and near the stairs with the outlet/night-light combos, they have daylight sensors & only kick on at night, can adjust brightness, etc.

We did a motion sensor switch/night-light combo in the bathroom, kicks on the lights when you walk in. A lot less stubbed toes and curse words in the middle of the night looking for the switch ;)
I have two little "hallway-ish" type rooms that have motion sensor light switches. Very convenient. The one with the dimmer/ motion switch was expensive as hell. It was like 36 bucks or something ridiculous.

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net

Well, dang- i didn't know light sensor/ night lights were a thing. I actually bought rechargeable led light/ motion sensor strips to mount under our bathroom counters because we stayed in a hotel that had them. Freaking awesome- light (not a lot, but enough) right when you walk into the bathroom. Much better than turning on the light when my wife is sleeping in the connected room.

AirOpsMgr

Director of Lavatory Services
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Well, dang- i didn't know light sensor/ night lights were a thing. I actually bought rechargeable led light/ motion sensor strips to mount under our bathroom counters because we stayed in a hotel that had them. Freaking awesome- light (not a lot, but enough) right when you walk into the bathroom. Much better than turning on the light when my wife is sleeping in the connected room.
Yup, the big box stores have them in the electrical aisle with the other outlets and switches, a few configurations get spendy like @DeanMoriarty said