First aid kit

American Revival Apparel Company

Cudruln

Turning dollars into pennies.
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
In need of some basic first aid kits for the house and wife's car. What are items that need to be in the kit and what is not of big concern. Where is a good place to buy from?

Reactions: Rwjeter

Hayata

Blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-PING!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
Depends on what you are trained to administer.

Reactions: 1776

Cudruln

Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
Depends on what you are trained to administer.
Well I am good for basic first aid. I am pretty much looking for something that is a good for the basic type of minor accident (bumps, bruises and scratches). Was not sure if there is something better than the standard walmart kit.

cmshoot

Marksman
Jul 12, 2016
Dallas, GA
Zip code
Reactions: Cudruln

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
Band aids in different sizes (I like fabric not the plastic ones)

Anti bacterial stuff like neosporin

Gauze pads

Tape

Triangle bandage

Ace wrap

Ice pack

Basic OTC meds like ibuprofen, Benadryl, pepto, etc......

Tourniquet (CAT is worth the money)

Israeli bandage

Gloves

This should cover most basic stuff. There are more things for bleeding control but you really should get trained to use them.

Reactions: Cudruln

Cudruln

Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
Band aids in different sizes (I like fabric not the plastic ones)

Anti bacterial stuff like neosporin

Gauze pads

Tape

Triangle bandage

Ace wrap

Ice pack

Basic OTC meds like ibuprofen, Benadryl, pepto, etc......

Tourniquet (CAT is worth the money)

Israeli bandage

Gloves

This should cover most basic stuff. There are more things for bleeding control but you really should get trained to use them.
Do you know of a place that has pre built kits or do you recommend just building one?

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
Do you know of a place that has pre built kits or do you recommend just building one?
True prep has a lot of kits but I haven’t been up there in a while to know exactly what they have. I’m sure Wes would shoot you straight on what’s good. If you want though I would be happy to meet you up there one day if you want and I can help you pick stuff.

Piecing it together may save a few bucks if you want to put the effort in but I don’t think it would be worth it for the small amount saved if trueprep has a kit that already fits your need.

Let me clarify this, a first aid kit and a IFAK/blow out kit are different. In the stuff I listed about a first aid kit would have all of it and some more stuff except for the tourniquet and the Israeli bandage. Those are absolutely worth buying in addition to a first aid kit because they are the most effective and easiest way to stop massive hemorrhage and the first aid kits typically don’t have anything nearly as efficient.