Finally got me a glass of that Kool-Aid.

Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

Gunsite Grad

Charter member
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Druid Hills & Kennworthstock
Zip code
9e90d9a36fe73aa1eec4d0cc572100bd.jpg

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
Dang man, I had my 19 on me and my can in my bag yesterday. I don't know why it didn't dawn on me. We coulda shot in your office. :thumb:
My crackhead uncle did a little recreational shooting in the shop one time. It may have been an attempted employee reprimand, still not real clear on the details.

He's dead now.

karlvv

The LEGEND
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 3, 2015
Harlem, GA
Zip code
My crackhead uncle did a little recreational shooting in the shop one time. It may have been an attempted employee reprimand, still not real clear on the details.

He's dead now.

The employee? How bad do your employees have to screw up to get shot?

Reactions: Gunsite Grad

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
I don't really want to make any judgements until I've put at least a couple hundred through it, but my first impressions are that it feels a little better than I remember from what little I've fondled and/or shot Glocks. I think that's because none of them were Gen 3 and I think they are my favorite. The other thing is, I see why people undercut the trigger guard. Not sure how I'll feel about that after some use.

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
Back around 2007 or so I was a solid metal framed pistol guy. I saw some police trade in G17's at a gun show for sub $400 and decided that I should give the old Glock 9mm a fair shake.

Well, that police trade in is still here. I was pretty sure (at the time) that I'd go run it hard through some USPSA matches and decide that it wasn't for me... so much for that thought. Got a few other Glocks now and I carry one with me daily.

I'm still not really super excited about the brand, but they damn sure work. And I've gotten used to the bore axis and have sold Sigs because the sights are way too damn high over the barrel.

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
Back around 2007 or so I was a solid metal framed pistol guy. I saw some police trade in G17's at a gun show for sub $400 and decided that I should give the old Glock 9mm a fair shake.

Well, that police trade in is still here. I was pretty sure (at the time) that I'd go run it hard through some USPSA matches and decide that it wasn't for me... so much for that thought. Got a few other Glocks now and I carry one with me daily.

I'm still not really super excited about the brand, but they damn sure work. And I've gotten used to the bore axis and have sold Sigs because the sights are way too damn high over the barrel.
1911 is still my favorite pistol to shoot, but I doubt I'll ever carry one again. They're kinda like the classic muscle cars and trucks that I pour my blood, sweat and money into, then get to enjoy the fruits of my labor at car shows and stuff. But then when it comes time to sit in traffic on 285, you just need a honda accord or something.(Glock is basically the Toyota Camry of the gun world).

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
1911 is still my favorite pistol to shoot, but I doubt I'll ever carry one again. They're kinda like the classic muscle cars and trucks that I pour my blood, sweat and money into, then get to enjoy the fruits of my labor at car shows and stuff. But then when it comes time to sit in traffic on 285, you just need a honda accord or something.(Block is basically the Toyota Camry of the gun world).

Very good analogy.

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
On a side note, what's the best way to remove color fill? Someone may have done a little bit on this slide (not pointing any fingers @Greg41 ). It's not bad looking, but I'm not a fan of any color fill ever and would simply prefer that it not be there.

AirOpsMgr

Director of Lavatory Services
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
On a side note, what's the best way to remove color fill? Someone may have done a little bit on this slide (not pointing any fingers @Greg41 ). It's not bad looking, but I'm not a fan of any color fill ever and would simply prefer that it not be there.
Mineral spirits, worst case scenario, Brake parts cleaner

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here

Depending on the color fill material (and assuming it's on the slide metal only) I might go after it with some lacquer thinner. I know the current EPA regards lacquer thinner as terrible stuff, but it seems to remove everything other than cured two part epoxy.

Mineral spirits might do fine too.

Or if it's Crayola color fill, just use a tooth pick.