Econ economics degree, but now what?

Howard Law

Thenut

Frontiersman
Trusted Trader
Sep 10, 2015
dat atl
yup, im done with my degree work. from here on out it will be me trying to figure out what the hell an economics degree is good for besides realizing we are all financially doomed

im thinking of going mba. anyone have theirs?

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
Kindling?

My wife has an MBA.

Govt job I guess?

Thenut

Frontiersman
Trusted Trader
Sep 10, 2015
dat atl
Kindling?

My wife has an MBA.

Govt job I guess?
ewww, no lol

but my friend and i were planning on possibly opening a turn key resteraunt deal. he knows a good deal about that industry, me not so much, but at this point i figure im either going mba or law school. i already work at a law firm and i know i would be good at it, i just dont like the industry

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
ewww, no lol

but my friend and i were planning on possibly opening a turn key resteraunt deal. he knows a good deal about that industry, me not so much, but at this point i figure im either going mba or law school. i already work at a law firm and i know i would be good at it, i just dont like the industry

Ewwww ANOTHER lawyer.

Restaurants are hard man...but I say go for it. No reward without significant risk.

Reactions: Thenut

Thenut

Frontiersman
Trusted Trader
Sep 10, 2015
dat atl
Ewwww ANOTHER lawyer.

Restaurants are hard man...but I say go for it. No reward without significant risk.
i would love to open a gun store, but the profit margin is slim, competition fierce, high overhead, and id have to deal with the atf

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
i would love to open a gun store, but the profit margin is slim, competition fierce, high overhead, and id have to deal with the atf

Yeah I'd have to advise against a gun shop unless you open a killer range too...but even then it's a headache. Everything's a headache really. My father in law is opening up a small ice cream shop in downtown kennesaw. Had the structure not been previously used for food service he would have been charged $5k a head to get his water turned on. Tell me again how we are supporting new business?

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
Congrats on the degree. Now you can go to Disney Land. Market is tough now my brother graduated with accounting degree took him 4 years of pretty much internship based on the amount they were paying him to land his dream job in ATL with a company that handles pro sports accounts.

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
yup, im done with my degree work. from here on out it will be me trying to figure out what the hell an economics degree is good for besides realizing we are all financially doomed

currently in my mba. will be done in may.

for the knowledge, id say pass... for the paper, id say go... opinions lol

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia

My friend works for Office Depot corporate making a good chunk of change. Mostly negotiating contract deals for major orders from businesses who use Office Depot for furniture, computers, office supplies, etc.

Id apply with big corporations

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
I have friends with business management degrees, mba, accounting, finance, etc. and many of them are asking the same question. My answer would be do what it was you wanted to do that required you to get that particular degree in the first place. If you got that degree thinking it would be broad enough that people would bombard you with job offers on the ODT or Facebook, well then you're an idiot and no one wants to hire an idiot. Except maybe the federal government.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thenut and Shemp

Thenut

Frontiersman
Trusted Trader
Sep 10, 2015
dat atl
Yeah I'd have to advise against a gun shop unless you open a killer range too...but even then it's a headache. Everything's a headache really. My father in law is opening up a small ice cream shop in downtown kennesaw. Had the structure not been previously used for food service he would have been charged $5k a head to get his water turned on. Tell me again how we are supporting new business?
they support new business all right......with fines and shit

Thenut

Frontiersman
Trusted Trader
Sep 10, 2015
dat atl
I have friends with business management degrees, mba, accounting, finance, etc. and many of them are asking the same question. My answer would be do what it was you wanted to do that required you to get that particular degree in the first place. If you got that degree thinking it would be broad enough that people would bombard you with job offers on the ODT or Facebook, well then you're an idiot and no one wants to hire an idiot. Except maybe the federal government.
I CAN WORK FOR THE GOVERNMENT

MUHAHHAHAHAAHHAHAHA----HAHAHAHAHAHA

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
This administration has done more to hinder small business than any other in the at least the last 3 generations.