Converted a non-gun owner today.

American Revival Apparel Company

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
A friend invited a newbie along to the range today. A guy originally from Britain. He'd never so much as held a gun before, but is a NEW CONVERT. The guy could hardly keep from peeing himself he had so much fun. We're advising him on a couple purchases this week. +1 for the good guys!

karlvv

The LEGEND
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 3, 2015
Harlem, GA
Zip code
A friend invited a newbie along to the range today. A guy originally from Britain. He'd never so much as held a gun before, but is a NEW CONVERT. The guy could hardly keep from peeing himself he had so much fun. We're advising him on a couple purchases this week. +1 for the good guys!

Nobody cares. Limeys suck.

Reactions: 1776

00formula6spd

Frontiersman
Jul 13, 2015
Lilburn Ga.
Zip code
I would think with the folks you run with in Decatur, Odds are good you can convert a few. Good job!

Reactions: Laufen

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
Nice man- I'm glad to hear our side has another convert. Honestly, the ones who are new to shooting sports always seem to be the most enthusiastic and anxious to get in deeper.

For what it's worth, the new shooters I've taken to the range have been much easier to "get started" after I let them shoot the suppressed .22 pistol first. None of that "what the hell just happened" jump after the first shot. The concussion and recoil seem to be the worst things for a new shooter to get over.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Nice man- I'm glad to hear our side has another convert. Honestly, the ones who are new to shooting sports always seem to be the most enthusiastic and anxious to get in deeper.

For what it's worth, the new shooters I've taken to the range have been much easier to "get started" after I let them shoot the suppressed .22 pistol first. None of that "what the hell just happened" jump after the first shot. The concussion and recoil seem to be the worst things for a new shooter to get over.
Oh yeah. Didn't shoot anything but 22s for the first 30 minutes, ended with the scorpion. All low recoil stuff.

Reactions: dial1911

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
Oh yeah. Didn't shoot anything but 22s for the first 30 minutes, ended with the scorpion. All low recoil stuff.

That is the best way to keep it "fun" and make sure they want to come back.

I met a guy at my gun club a year or two ago. He brought his daughter (20 something year old) who was new to guns. I was just trying to show her some options and get her started shooting. Well, guy shows up with a .44Mag revolver down the range from us- that was a problem for the new shooter.

The .22's are a great start. And a 9mm SBR would be a hell of a follow on.

Reactions: Laufen
H

Hoss

My SR22 has been a great first shooter for several people now. Once they get past that initial fear and seller in they end up wanting to shoot everything else.

H

Hoss

Thanks for spending around $300 of my money ;)

I will give one a try at some point. I think those had a fairly easy barrel nut/threaded adapter swap... big plus in my book.
I like mine because it feels like my PPS M2.

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
Thanks for spending around $300 of my money ;)

I will give one a try at some point. I think those had a fairly easy barrel nut/threaded adapter swap... big plus in my book.
Best all around .22 pistol I've owned and my favorite host. You won't miss the $300. Actually, I think I paid slightly more than that for the threaded model, but then again, we don't have any place like Cherokee around here.

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
I'm a really big fan of the P99. I would assume the grips are similar.

I'll have to check out the SR22. I've often looked at the Walther P380 for similar reasons- but dang the ammo is pricey.
I have the PK380 as well. If you ever make your way up out of that hell hole you live in, you're welcome to give them a whirl.