Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
IMG_5518.JPG

(Ammoland.com)- New for 2017, ARION LLC has introduced the Compact Ported Suppressor for pistols 22 to .45 caliber.

lg.php

This innovative device is tiny: only 3.5” by 2.2, and weighs just 11.8 ounces.

It’s fully CNC machined from 6061 T6 aluminum and utilizes an ingenious patent pending design to direct the gases exiting the barrel down into the internal baffles and out the front port.

Read more: http://www.ammoland.com/2016/12/arion-compact-ported-pistol-suppressor/#ixzz4UfT3Fmc7
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution
Follow us: @Ammoland on Twitter | Ammoland on Facebook

Reactions: DoglegArms

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
"Just 11.8 ounces"?? That's the same as my revolution 45 when in full configuration.

As far as aesthetics go, it looks like it'd be right at home on a Glock...

Reactions: 1776 and Jake

Strider12

Sniper
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code
It's a shame they couldn't figure out something to do with all the leftover material.

Cudruln

Turning dollars into pennies.
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
It may be a great design, though it is really lacking in aesthetics. I could only guess that there will not be a high demand for these.

It's 2017, everything is streamlined and technology is through the roof. Here comes the box suppressor.

KGmade

Frontiersman
Apr 14, 2016
Marietta, Ga
kgmade.net
Zip code
I ran across this picture last night. They sure were thinking "outside the box" but still made a box lol.
My thoughts on the design
Its interesting that it looks like it uses 3 dowel pins and a number of small screws to hold it together. I would be worried about the longevity of the threads if its marketed as a serviceable suppressor.

The baffle design seems to have left a lot of unnecessary material inside, reducing volume and increasing weight. There also appears to be a port connecting all of the baffles about half way down on some, and 2/3 way down on others. The second to last baffle also vents out and down from the front of the can. That to me seems like it would increase muzzle flip.

The one that really has me intrigued is their timing system. I dont really see one at all, so im hoping it is something slick and low profile.

Either way, its cool to see some radically different approaches in the market. I hope it sounds good, and wish them the best of luck with their new product. It may not appeal to traditionalists in the NFA world, but it may bring in more new people.

cube silencer.JPG

Reactions: Cudruln

DoglegArms

Silencer Dealer of 2015, 2016, 2017
Jul 12, 2015
Dallas, GA
www.doglegarms.com
Zip code
I ran across this picture last night. They sure were thinking "outside the box" but still made a box lol.
My thoughts on the design
Its interesting that it looks like it uses 3 dowel pins and a number of small screws to hold it together. I would be worried about the longevity of the threads if its marketed as a serviceable suppressor.

The baffle design seems to have left a lot of unnecessary material inside, reducing volume and increasing weight. There also appears to be a port connecting all of the baffles about half way down on some, and 2/3 way down on others. The second to last baffle also vents out and down from the front of the can. That to me seems like it would increase muzzle flip.

The one that really has me intrigued is their timing system. I dont really see one at all, so im hoping it is something slick and low profile.

Either way, its cool to see some radically different approaches in the market. I hope it sounds good, and wish them the best of luck with their new product. It may not appeal to traditionalists in the NFA world, but it may bring in more new people.

View attachment 23488

Obviously we have a designer/machinist point of view in the above post by Kyle or Zach. Neither of which I am. So let me speak on my expertise which is un-moveable inventory....

That's ugly as fuck! It looks gimmicky so there better be some sound science behind that can or be real inexpensive.