Faktory 47

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
I want to take a ride on the wild side of 7.62x39 so what is working well for you. I have read this is the go to instead of 300BLK because it does so much more. HP for hunting distance and accuracy steel for plinking suppressed its hearing safe and all this in the AR 15 platform. I would prolly put one together so what barrel, bolt, and mags or complete upper do you use that you're happy with. Oh and it's around $0.20 per round Woo Hoo !!

Reactions: Rwjeter

AirOpsMgr

Director of Lavatory Services
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
I want to take a ride on the wild side of 7.62x39 so what is working well for you. I have read this is the go to instead of 300BLK because it does so much more. HP for hunting distance and accuracy steel for plinking suppressed its hearing safe and all this in the AR 15 platform. I would prolly put one together so what barrel, bolt, and mags or complete upper do you use that you're happy with. Oh and it's around $0.20 per round Woo Hoo !!
Had a SOTA upper and currently have a PSA upper, no issues out of either. Ran ASC mags with both, never any problems.

Reactions: karlvv and Red Dawn

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
Had a SOTA upper and currently have a PSA upper, no issues out of either. Ran ASC mags with both, never any problems.

Thanks do you have a preference between complete or build. Are there any bolt issues I should consider like extractor or enhanced firing pins. I have read extractors are the weak links and cause a problem after hard use.

AirOpsMgr

Director of Lavatory Services
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Thanks do you have a preference between complete or build. Are there any bolt issues I should consider like extractor or enhanced firing pins. I have read extractors are the weak links and cause a problem after hard use.
Havent had experience building any, both of mine were complete. Both did have the enhanced firing pins and of course the x39 bolts.

I never had any problems with my bolts, although I haven't run tens of thousands of rounds either.

I know there were concerns in the past with bolts failing but not sure if it is still occurring

Reactions: Red Dawn

Allsmiles

Frontiersman
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Mar 15, 2017
Golfcart City, GA
Zip code
I've had one for ovet 20 years that I used to hunt with. Took many a white tail with it. Mine is an A2 rifle set up. Biggest headache for mine were mags and feeding. Of course, it has 223 cuts and not the bigger ones they are doing today. Make sure you get an enhanced firing pin or you will ger light strikes. I found out the hard way.

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
The AR in x39 is a fun gun and more practical than 5.56 IMO.

I built my upper with SOTA parts. I've never had an issue with mine. There used to be a lot of issues with magazines and feeding like @Allsmiles said, but the modification to the feedramps and the development of caliber specific mags has pretty much eliminated those problems. I don't think anyone uses the old style feed ramps or mags anymore, so I don't think you'll have to worry about it.

I've only ever had one issue with mine and that was when I found out the hard way that you can't fire 5.56 out of it...

Cudruln

Turning dollars into pennies.
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
I currently have hardened arms and a sota upper. Only the one issue with the hardened arms (the barrel turning) that I can not get it to reproduce now, still going to tear it down to investigate. Running the c product mags, never any issues. Also the enhanced firing pins in all the bolts. Also keep a couple spares for just in case times. Cause they can be hard to resource.

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
Sounds the fans like SOTA I'll start searching thanks guys