Anyone Use A Shoulder Holster?

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

Ohiobellboy

Frontiersman
Feb 1, 2016
I've been having issues with my lower back and hip that I carry on and have been considering a shoulder holster until the docs can figure out what the hell they want to do to fix my pain. They wanted to do shots in my back to hide the pain and I told them I wanted the problem fixed, not covered up.

Dirtbike

NRA Life Member (Everybody should be!)
Feb 3, 2016
I've never used one but I found that when my back acts up (3 crushed disc's) I swap out to appendix carry and that helps alot, I do practice for both 4:00 carry and appendix regularly though, a little weird to carry at first but not bad once you get use to it, in sure we have somebody here that wears a shoulder rig that can speak to it though

RangerTim

Rangers Lead The Way!
Feb 17, 2016
I 2nd trying appendix before jumping straight to shoulder. While I have never used one, as an instructor I see numerous problems in regards to an effective draw if the day ever comes you needed to use it (this is why I've never used one). I know John McClain makes it look good.....but I'd go that route only as a last resort.

~ZENAS~

Tracker
Mar 14, 2016
I've had back surgery and still carry on my hip. Never seen the need to change. I just can't seem to bring myself to use a shoulder rig. Something about constantly covering people behind me with the muzzle and sweeping the room while drawing that turns me off to them.