Anyone have concealed carry insurance?

Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

David (OHGO)

Tracker
Sep 29, 2016
Does anyone carry concealed carry insurance in case they have to lawfully use their firearm in an act of self-defense they'll have some sort of legal coverage and options available to them? If so which company's are reputable ones out there.

David (OHGO)

Tracker
Sep 29, 2016
No sorry, I do not have concealed carry insurance. Though I do see some benefit to it, I just don't know if its worth it or the trouble should the need arise, and I have not had the chance or time to look in to any success/horror stories from it.

HOG2K

Hobbyist Photographer
Jan 30, 2016
As they say, with every round fired there is a lawyer attached to it.. :)

I too don't have insurance, I have many police friends and have asked them about it, 90% have said if you can yell out loud for them to leave you alone to get away from you and that you are armed and will defend yourself you should be okay. If you can't do that and have to shoot, chances are the robber has a record and has done it before, your self defense report would carry more weight. 

Just my 2 cents...

~ZENAS~

Tracker
Mar 14, 2016
Oh HOG2K, I don't think your police friends know much about civil law. Their statements are basically true for criminal liability, but civil lawsuits by the family of the attacker you shot are a whole different animal. Civil law is an arena where truth and justice rarely matter in these wrongful death cases and a completely justified shooting can cost you millions. Sad but true. 

HOG2K

Hobbyist Photographer
Jan 30, 2016
Oh HOG2K, I don't think your police friends know much about civil law. Their statements are basically true for criminal liability, but civil lawsuits by the family of the attacker you shot are a whole different animal. Civil law is an arena where truth and justice rarely matter in these wrongful death cases and a completely justified shooting can cost you millions. Sad but true. 

I agree with part of your reply, I think what we were talking about was that having witness's support what happened and that you were justified using deadly force. I don't think I conveyed that very well. But very true about "civil law".

John7M7

Scout
Jun 25, 2017
I just got the USCCA Premium Insurance, I think it is entirely worth it. For the cost of two boxes of 9mm per month, it will provide help should the need arise, and in this day and age of "safe space" and "I'm offended by everything", I think it's a plus.