Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
Are you carrying insurance on yourself your family and your firearms in case there's an event where you have to defend yourself ? NRA and USCCA I know are some choices

karlvv

The LEGEND
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 3, 2015
Harlem, GA
Zip code
Are you carrying insurance on yourself your family and your firearms in case there's an event where you have to defend yourself ? NRA and USCCA I know are some choices

Seems to me like that could be used against you in the case you ever needed it. I'm sure the prosecutor would love to point out that you got insurance for just this occasion. What are the chances you will ever need it? Full disclosure, this opinion is from someone who absolutely loathes insurance companies.

Reactions: freedom

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
Seems to me like that could be used against you in the case you ever needed it. I'm sure the prosecutor would love to point out that you got insurance for just this occasion. What are the chances you will ever need it? Full disclosure, this opinion is from someone who absolutely loathes insurance companies.
I think insurance is over priced and deductibles are threw the roof but in this case for lets say $15 a month you can have $500 mil in reserves for anything that goes wrong and a 2A lawyer that can bail you out of a situation that's a small price for peace of mind and not being locked up. And I'm not an ins salesman just a customer.

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
Note to self: Do not start a fight with Dougie or red dawn.

It's one less thing to worry about or cause hesitation in case you ever need to use your firearm in a self defense situation. The same goes for having a Will created. One less thing to worry about that could cause for hesitation when seconds count.

Reactions: Red Dawn
Jul 14, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code
I have heard USCCA was basically a scam and that they have a lot of fine print reasons why they won't payout. Also they only pay you after you are acquitted so you would have to come up with the money upfront. So unless you have $500 mil in you checking account you really don't have the coverage you think. I could be wrong but that is what I have read. Doesn't give me much confidence.

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
I have heard USCCA was basically a scam and that they have a lot of fine print reasons why they won't payout. Also they only pay you after you are acquitted so you would have to come up with the money upfront. So unless you have $500 mil in you checking account you really don't have the coverage you think. I could be wrong but that is what I have read. Doesn't give me much confidence.

Was this first hand experience you heard it from or internet chatter?

freedom

Sniper
Mar 25, 2015
Covington, Ga
Zip code
Was this first hand experience you heard it from or internet chatter?

What matters is whether or not it's true.

Self defense shooting are rare. SD shootings that are prosecuted are rarer still. This might be something to do in certain liberal enclaves with super political, left wing DAs, but it seems useless to have in most juristictions.

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
With most insurance it is there for worst case scenarios at least mine are. Whether it's health dental life or optic. If something were to happen do I want every resource available at my convenience or chance that my local county court appointed attorney will get me out.

Jul 14, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code
What matters is whether or not it's true.

Self defense shooting are rare. SD shootings that are prosecuted are rarer still. This might be something to do in certain liberal enclaves with super political, left wing DAs, but it seems useless to have in most juristictions.
Right the odds are extremely small that you would have to use it. What made me weary is that they tout the amount of coverage you have but the don't clearly mention that you only get the money after you're proven innocent. It makes sense from their perspective because they are not going to just give you $500 mill and then wait to find out if you are guilty or not.

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
Right the odds are extremely small that you would have to use it. What made me weary is that they tout the amount of coverage you have but the don't clearly mention that you only get the money after you're proven innocent. It makes sense from their perspective because they are not going to just give you $500 mill and then wait to find out if you are guilty or not.
I think based on the amount of coverage you want it's available if necessary. They post bail and give you a lawyer to represent you and cover damages is what I read

Jul 14, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code
I think based on the amount of coverage you want it's available if necessary. They post bail and give you a lawyer to represent you and cover damages is what I read
Right. The problem that I have read that people complain about is that it covers "self defense" situations. Usually if it is going to trial the prosecution is arguing that it was assault, murder etc. and the insurance can refuse to cover you until it is proven that it was what they define as "self defense". basically you are not going to go to jail for self defense but if you get locked up for murder they are not going to help you until you can prove it was self defense with your own money.

Reactions: freedom

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
Right. The problem that I have read that people complain about is that it covers "self defense" situations. Usually if it is going to trial the prosecution is arguing that it was assault, murder etc. and the insurance can refuse to cover you until it is proven that it was what they define as "self defense". basically you are not going to go to jail for self defense but if you get locked up for murder they are not going to help you until you can prove it was self defense with your own money.
I think if you're going to pull a gun on someone for any reason you better know your laws. You can't shoot some one in the back that's trying to flee the scene. You can't shoot an intruder without your life being threatened if you abide by the law this insurance is there for you.

freedom

Sniper
Mar 25, 2015
Covington, Ga
Zip code

No one has ever been arrested and charged with self defense.

Reactions: George P. Burdell
Jul 14, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code
I think if you're going to pull a gun on someone for any reason you better know your laws. You can't shoot some one in the back that's trying to flee the scene. You can't shoot an intruder without your life being threatened if you abide by the law this insurance is there for you.
Right but I think you missed my point

karlvv

The LEGEND
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 3, 2015
Harlem, GA
Zip code

I'm not so sure on that intruder part. Some states have a castle doctrine. I would shoot someone breaking through my door before finding out what their intentions are once inside.