922 regulations

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
I just saw the first 922R criminal complaint I've ever seen. The feds were particularly unhappy with an individual so when he was arrested for hunting while intoxicated by GA DNR the feds swooped in and took the case to federal court based on the SKS he was using at the time.

so as I tell people, just commit one crime at a time and you're usually okay. If he hadn't been drunk and hunting he wouldn't have been caught at all, and had he not had the illegal SKS then he would have had a pretty low level case with just a fine.

Just got excited to see something we talk about as being never enforced finally being enforced.

Reactions: dial1911 and Laufen

Gunsite Grad

Charter member
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Druid Hills & Kennworthstock
Zip code
I just saw the first 922R criminal complaint I've ever seen. The feds were particularly unhappy with an individual so when he was arrested for hunting while intoxicated by GA DNR the feds swooped in and took the case to federal court based on the SKS he was using at the time.

so as I tell people, just commit one crime at a time and you're usually okay. If he hadn't been drunk and hunting he wouldn't have been caught at all, and had he not had the illegal SKS then he would have had a pretty low level case with just a fine.

Just got excited to see something we talk about as being never enforced finally being enforced.

Following

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
Yeah breaking 1 law at a time is better than 2 but I recommend none lol.
Was it a part or parts or mags that made it non compliant and since he was drinking and hunting did they confiscate more than the rifle.

Reactions: 1776

Hayata

Blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-PING!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
Yeah, what was the deal with the SKS?

permaneo vox

Powered by Silencer Shop
Trusted Trader
Sep 21, 2015
Heart of Georgia
Zip code
Changing the factory box mag to a detachable makes an SKS subject to 922r.

Most, if not all SKS's with aftermarket detachable mags are not compliant. Been that way since 1990.

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
Why am I imagining the type of drunk hunter that went down yelling something about "I know muh roights!!"

I guess everyone can't be a fun drunk like the rest of us.

Actually he saw the dnr at his campsite and tried to lay on the ground about 100 yards away to be undetected but the officers saw him and took him in.

Today I’ve received some more info. He was a convicted felon and had a domestic violence conviction.

On a similar note. The ATF and other federal agencies have stepped into high gear to prosecute serious criminals when their crimes avail themselves to federal prosecution. Two of my serious drug cases went Federal when their guns were illegally modified/imported/etc. While not a huge fan Trump is using the federa government to help aid in the prosecution of serious criminals which helps relieve our burden and keeps the feds from pursuing dumb political cases.

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
Actually he saw the dnr at his campsite and tried to lay on the ground about 100 yards away to be undetected but the officers saw him and took him in.

Today I’ve received some more info. He was a convicted felon and had a domestic violence conviction.

On a similar note. The ATF and other federal agencies have stepped into high gear to prosecute serious criminals when their crimes avail themselves to federal prosecution. Two of my serious drug cases went Federal when their guns were illegally modified/imported/etc. While not a huge fan Trump is using the federa government to help aid in the prosecution of serious criminals which helps relieve our burden and keeps the feds from pursuing dumb political cases.

Interesting- I did not expect that to be the way things happened. I have to wonder if the Feds are as backlogged as the local courts. My wife used to complain about it often.

World Class Dick Wrangler
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Sep 5, 2015
Da SAV
Zip code

Something similar is happening in savannah... Local PD will pop some gang banger and he'll get out on ~50k . Then the Marshalls will grab him for the gun he had on him at time of arrest.