5 hurt in shootings at gun shows in Ohio, Ind., NC

American Revival Apparel Company

SkipD

Helper-outer
Jun 8, 2012
Southeast Wisconsin
Zip code
As much as I hate to say it, there are some folks out there who simply shouldn't have firearms because they can't seem to adhere to the basic safety rules for them. No, I am not advocating legislation for this but safety needs to be drilled into every firearms user.

M

mukwah

I think the recent gun buy panic has brought some novice gun owners out of the closet!

bigdogdaddy

Tracker
Sep 16, 2012
Indiana
mukwah said:
I think the recent gun buy panic has brought some novice gun owners out of the closet!

Yep. In regards to Skip's post, probably some that don't even begin to know the basic rules of safe gun handling. Not a good thing for us gun guys while we are under the microscope.

Tarheel

Hunter
Additional info:

"The show, which is held inside the Jim Graham Building, closed for the remainder of the day but will continue Sunday without private gun sales. Authorities said no personal guns will be allowed on the property (that would be the entire State Fairgrounds). Only guns sold by licensed dealers and vendors will be allowed.

The ban is in place for Sunday, the last day of the show, but won't necessarily be permanent, Keith said. Officials said they will review procedures to determine whether any changes need to be made."...

The show has been in place for 30 years without an incident like this, but I suspect that the ban will become permanent (at least for a while) given the current anti-gun climate. The next show is in May, so we'll know by then. All three folks who were shot were not seriously injured...taken to the hospital, treated and released.

Well, off to the show...reports are that the place was packed yesterday and patrons had a long wait to get in due to crowd size limitations. Sales were "brisk".

Tarheel

Tarheel

Hunter
Trigger_1 said:
I thought guns shows were suppose to inspect and clear all weapons as they entered the building.... :-\

...they do, Trig. The guy was at the inspection and cable tie station located at the entrance to the building. He had the shotgun in a case. The gun discharged when he removed it from the case for the officer to inspect it. Thank goodness the wounds were minor, as the entrance was quite crowded at the time. The station table is located in a manner that would naturally have a longgun muzzle pointing at a 45 degree angle away from traffic flow. That probably avoided a very serious casualty situation. I was there today and the event apparently didn't interrupt the show's attendance...way to crowded for me to enjoy.

Hank

framedcraig1

no fear...Ruger is here.
Jun 8, 2012
Mapleton,ut
Man..i sometimes feel uncomfortable at the gun range. ( Who knows how careful "Bubba" is in the next lane.)? Gotta watch yourelf at the gunshow guys...

bigdogdaddy

Tracker
Sep 16, 2012
Indiana
Only takes a one second little mistake to hear a bang when you didn't expect it. As for the range, I feel blessed to have a shooting range right outside my back door. If you look 100 yards straight north of the my wife's lovely gazeebo you will see a very large pile of dirt with a bunch of metal targets in front of it. If you look in the corner of the wife's gazeebo you will see some sand bags under the table. What a blessing. :)

yz9890

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
had a kid point his dad's beretta tomcat first at me, then square at the range officer. the boy's dad saw the whole thing and didn't say a word or make a correction. the RO was a pretty classy old shooter though. he snagged the other RO and had him give the boy a quick safety lesson while the older RO discreetly "chastised" the father.

there's a lot of "green on green" out there these days. be careful. (or stay away)