.32 ACP pocket pistols

Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store
Status
Not open for further replies.

davevabch

Frontiersman
Jun 9, 2012
I finally decided to visit the ammo shelves yesterday. A couple of things I noticed. They always seem to have a fair supply of .45 cal., .40, and .32 ACP. Anyone own a .32 pocket pistol?

Question, I have a Rossi .32 revolver. It is chambered in .32 SW-long. I have heard that I could shoot standard ammo through it, but not sure. Is this possible. This particular pistol was given to me and in like new condition. I have heard many mixed reviews but It is modeled after a Smith, using their equipment. I have shot the pistol and it is a very nice accurate gun with very little recoil. It has a very HARD pull in double action, but single action is extremely light. It is a small pistol and would conceal well, and the hard action pull would aid safety. Im thinking this might be a good gun for someone that just cannot handle a lot of recoil. Just a thought.

Here is a video of a guy that owns one and is shooting one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VMyIKe3PeQ

SkipD

Helper-outer
Jun 8, 2012
Southeast Wisconsin
Zip code
You are referring to two very different cartridge types in your post.

The .32 S&W Long is a straight-walled rimmed cartridge, based on the shorter .32 S&W cartridge. These are typically used in revolvers. These cartridges headspace on the forward surface of the rim.

The .32 ACP is a tapered rimless cartridge, typically used in auto-loading pistols. ACP means "Automatic Colt Pistol". These cartridges headspace on the forward edge of the cartridge case. The chamber has a sharp-edge reduction in diameter at the point where the mouth of the cartridge case should be located.

There is no way that these two cartridges can be used in the same type of chamber.

You could, however, shoot the .32 S&W cartridge in your .32 S&W Long revolver. This is much like shooting .38 Special cartridges in a .357 Magnum revolver.

lws380

Frontiersman
Mar 22, 2010
I have a Seecamp .32 and a .380. Both guns are the exact same size/dimensions. I carry the .32 daily as a bug in a back pocket holster. The Seecamps are the ultimate pocket pistols. They will fit in just about any pocket and very easy to conceal. When you cant carry something else for whatever reason, you can always have a Seecamp easily hidden and concealed in a pocket. Never any reason to not be armed if you have one.

I do not shoot them much. I carry the .32 and will run a mag through it every now and then to confirm it functions correctly (and it always has). Then I just clean it with Eezox and carry it. Seecamps are particular in that they require recommended ammo. Mine works fine with Federal Hydra Shoks personal defense. IMO, they are not for shooting boxes of ammo at the range, but I feel that way about the LCP and most of the small semi-autos. I shoot 9mm and .45 for fun. I can reload those calibers cheaper than buying .32 and .380 ammo.

I also have a .32 Colt Hammerless that my grandfather carried on the railroad for protection. It is a little over 100 years old and it shoots just about anything I put in it. It is fun to shoot and very easy to shoot. Very thin and concealable IWB, But I do not carry it.

I would suggest calling Rossi to see what ammo they would recommend for your pistol. It looked like pretty light recoil in the video.

davevabch

Frontiersman
Jun 9, 2012
Thanks all for the info. And it just reminded me that I need to start reloading .380. I say one thing about the Seecamps, they are really cool looking solid built mouse guns.

They really look great in the Bearcreek holsters.

Some pics of the Seecamp: http://www.seecamp.com/photos.htm

Slowhand

Support the right to self defense.
Jun 8, 2012
Irmo, SC
DavisDerringer25ACPLft-1.jpg~original

Here's a picture of a Davis D-25 that I own. About 20 years ago I picked up a small .32 Caliber Two Shot Derringer that looked similar. It was manufactured by some company down in Miami, Florida. I carried it as a BUG, it concealed easily, and it was for use only in a last ditch scenario. 32 caliber rounds will do the job, with appropriate application. When Ruger LCP and other .380 Caliber Mouse Guns came along I upgraded. The availability of 7 rounds and more enhanced fire power were too much to resist.

Status
Not open for further replies.