300 Blackout guys, I need your help...

Howard Law

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
@Jake before you drop a ton using process of elimination take @Leshaire lower with Vltor A5 on it and try that. They are fantastic and then for the overgass reduce the gasport size with Black River Tactical if you’re keeping the barrel on it you have and not going to change it out.

VLTOR A5 is the absolute best imo. Thanks to Darth my shit runs like a freaking top and shoots like a 22lr. I mean a couple more little things take part in that, but still lol.

Sent from my Obamaphone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Red Dawn

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
VLTOR A5 is the absolute best imo. Thanks to Darth my shit runs like a freaking top and shoots like a 22lr. I mean a couple more little things take part in that, but still lol.

I am a huge fan as well. I have some A5 pistol and A5 rifle ... I’ll stick with Vltor they are a big part of my builds now.

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
I am a huge fan as well. I have some A5 pistol and A5 rifle ... I’ll stick with Vltor they are a big part of my builds now.

I never could find a pistol setup. That’s actually what I tried to build that 300 jakes talking about on, but couldn’t ever catch one in stock lol

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
I never could find a pistol setup. That’s actually what I tried to build that 300 jakes talking about on, but couldn’t ever catch one in stock lol

Gotcha yeah it took some searching to find them. I think I finally found some at Optics Planet once and another on ARF never used lol.

Reactions: Leshaire

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
@Jake before you drop a ton using process of elimination take @Leshaire lower with Vltor A5 on it and try that. They are fantastic and then for the overgass reduce the gasport size with Black River Tactical if you’re keeping the barrel on it you have and not going to change it out.

I don't think that will do me any good though as I can't run any of the Vltor A5 systems because it has an SB Tactical SB-A3 brace on it which I believe uses its own proprietary buffer tube(I could be wrong though). The Vltor A5 that you linked to IS for a pistol but it is a smooth buffer tube with no adjustability. The SB-A3 uses a 4 position tube(?).

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
I don't think that will do me any good though as I can't run any of the Vltor A5 systems because it has an SB Tactical SB-A3 brace on it which I believe uses its own proprietary buffer tube(I could be wrong though). The Vltor A5 that you linked to IS for a pistol but it is a smooth buffer tube with no adjustability. The SB-A3 uses a 4 position tube.
He means just slap your entire upper on my entire lower.

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
I don't think that will do me any good though as I can't run any of the Vltor A5 systems because it has an SB Tactical SB-A3 brace on it which I believe uses its own proprietary buffer tube(I could be wrong though). The Vltor A5 that you linked to IS for a pistol but it is a smooth buffer tube with no adjustability. The SB-A3 uses a 4 position tube.
PS: The SBA3 runs on a standard buffer tube. Thats what makes it so unique and also allows it to adjust length.

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
He means just slap your entire upper on my entire lower.

Right, but that won't really do me any good if I can't use the Vltor system though, will it?

Also, school an AK guy on what exactly makes the Vltor A5 different and why it's gonna help me. I believe y'all and I'm not doubting y'all when you say it's awesome as I've heard others rave about them as well, I just have no idea why.

PS: The SBA3 runs on a standard buffer tube. Thats what makes it so unique and also allows it to adjust length.

Ahhhh, ok, I was under the impression that it used a proprietary buffer tube. Makes sense now. I've been out of the AR game for a while so I'm behind the times I guess. :thumb:

So would I just need to buy the adjustable rifle version of the Vltor A5 system?

Reactions: Leshaire

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
Right, but that won't really do me any good if I can't use the Vltor system though, will it?

Also, school an AK guy on what exactly makes the Vltor A5 different and why it's gonna help me. I believe y'all and I'm not doubting y'all when you say it's awesome as I've heard others rave about them as well, I just have no idea why.

Ahhhh, ok, I was under the impression that it used a proprietary buffer tube. Makes sense now. I've been out of the AR game for a while so I'm behind the times I guess. :thumb:

So would I just need to buy the adjustable rifle version of the Vltor A5 system?
I dont exactly understand HOW but I know that it lowers the cyclic rate / reduces BCG speed. Saying this makes me wonder how it makes a difference if the gas port is too big in the first place...

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
I don't think that will do me any good though as I can't run any of the Vltor A5 systems because it has an SB Tactical SB-A3 brace on it which I believe uses its own proprietary buffer tube(I could be wrong though). The Vltor A5 that you linked to IS for a pistol but it is a smooth buffer tube with no adjustability. The SB-A3 uses a 4 position tube(?).

The SBA3 will work with the A5H2 rifle extension and buffer if you need adjustable gtg then. I have a couple Magpul STR stocks on that rifle extension and it fits tight no slop at all and a Thordsen pistol brace on the A5H2 pistol tube no slips or twists.

Reactions: Jake

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
The SBA3 will work with the A5H2 rifle extension and buffer if you need adjustable gtg then. I have a couple Magpul STR stocks on that rifle extension and it fits tight no slop at all and a Thordsen pistol brace on the A5H2 pistol tube no slips or twists.

And how exactly does the Vltor A5 system work?

NWS

Not a hot midget
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Georgia
Zip code
Bring that fucker by the house. We'll hit the gas port with the welder and close that bitch up and then redrill it correctly.

cmshoot

Marksman
Jul 12, 2016
Dallas, GA
Zip code
I’ve run the Vltor A5H2 reliable. on guns from pistols up to 18”. It’s all I use on my personal stuff.

cmshoot

Marksman
Jul 12, 2016
Dallas, GA
Zip code
And how exactly does the Vltor A5 system work?

The Vltor A5 system uses a slightly longer receiver extension (buffer tube) and a rifle buffer spring (Sprinco green spring), along with their own buffer weights. A Vltor A5H2 buffer is a different weight than a standard H2. The A5H2 is the “default” setting, then they have several buffers that are lighter and heavier......I think 2 of each.

I run the Vltor A5H2 setup in all my 5.56 guns, and in my 16” .300Blk.