Your thoughts on a MAG

Cudruln

Turning pennies into dollars.
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
What are your thoughts on having a MAG (mutual aid group)? What are some pros and cons? How would you go about joining/ creating one?

The last couple series of books I have read discussed this topic. Obviously opsec is a big thing, so having a group could be really great. But there is always a downside to everything. So that brings me to a discussion point. Let's run some scenarios.

karlvv

Stupid Ass
Site Supporter
Apr 3, 2015
Harlem, GA
Zip code
2 most likely scenarios are it comes fast or it comes a little slower. If it comes fast, mag wont help. You either bug in or bug out. If it comes a little slower then having a crew would be good.

Reactions: Cudruln

Cudruln

Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
2 most likely scenarios are it comes fast or it comes a little slower. If it comes fast, mag wont help. You either bug in or bug out. If it comes a little slower then having a crew would be good.
Obviously if it is a direct hit from a nuclear weapon, just run towards the blast. Emp, grid down, natural disaster, etc. Is more of what I am thinking of.

Reactions: dial1911

karlvv

Stupid Ass
Site Supporter
Apr 3, 2015
Harlem, GA
Zip code
Obviously if it is a direct hit from a nuclear weapon, just run towards the blast. Emp, grid down, natural disaster, etc. Is more of what I am thinking of.
I would definitely have a group of people with me. Every part of survival becomes easier with a cohesive group.

Cudruln

Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
I would definitely have a group of people with me. Every part of survival becomes easier with a cohesive group.
What are some pros and cons? How would you go about joining/ creating one?

karlvv

Stupid Ass
Site Supporter
Apr 3, 2015
Harlem, GA
Zip code
What are some pros and cons? How would you go about joining/ creating one?
I think pros would be that you can share the workload and security would improve greatly. The only con I see is more mouths to feed. I wouldn't join one but I have a group of friends in my area that would come together if ever needed.

Mac11FA

Facilitator
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
As @1776 stated having a group would make it a little easier instead of trying to do it all yourself. Even better if each member has a skill set to compliment the end result. Training together would definitely help for offensive and defensive situations. More resources available as well.

THE cons however would be that more people mean more resources. If the group cannot depend on each other and share in all resources then it becomes an argument. The egos would play a big part in this and how would you control the group? To me the best scenario to me would be like a multicellular organism with each cell driven to sustain the organism. Decisions would be made based on majority rule.

In the end, when an individual's survival is at stake that person will do everything in their power to survive and each individual's instincts are different. It is good to have cooperative help from others but I cannot see a group being the way to go.

I can see a community that assists with survival and people whom you can trust to exchange supplies and help. That is about as like-minded as I think you would get.

Don't get me wrong. I would go out of my way to help some one. I am sure that most all of the members here are the same. Just remember that sometimes even family's members cannot agree and blood is always thicker than water.

Cudruln

Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
@Mac11FA @karlvv

Let's say you have a good group of people that are living in a suburb to Atlanta (or any larger city) that you know survival in any type of scenario would be pretty much impossible. Would it be better to combine resources and people at a designated location further away from the cities or try to ride the storm out in your local area.

Reactions: Mac11FA

Mac11FA

Facilitator
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
@Mac11FA @karlvv

Let's say you have a good group of people that are living in a suburb to Atlanta (or any larger city) that you know survival in any type of scenario would be pretty much impossible. Would it be better to combine resources and people at a designated location further away from the cities or try to ride the storm out in your local area.
It depends on how it all comes down. I would think having small groups to a larger community is better as it keeps from putting all the resources in one place. There can be a meeting place to exchange supplies aid and whatnot provided travel is possible. I do agree that away from the more populated areas the better. Yes, having other trusted people to rely on fine.

karlvv

Stupid Ass
Site Supporter
Apr 3, 2015
Harlem, GA
Zip code
@Mac11FA @karlvv

Gtfo as quick as possible. I would meet up and head for a wooded area with known water.