You can shoulder the Shockwave Blade

Faktory 47

fyroc

Developer
Mar 25, 2015
Philadelphia
Zip code
After doing some research I came across this:

ATF Says That Shouldering Shockwave Blade is Okay!
I just got off the phone with a very nice gentleman at ATF Tech Branch—who was fielding these calls today. (He was, understandably, very well versed on the subject—and very nice about it even though he’s been on the phone all day, repeating himself ad nauseam.) I identified myself and asked him specifically if the letter that’s making the rounds is limited to one company’s products–or if it applies to all pistol stabilizing braces. He said: “The letter covers all pistol stabilizing braces, including the Shockwave Blade.” So that settles that.

He then gave me a bit of further guidance for our customers:

1. By “permanent affixing,” ATF considers that to be adding permanent Loctite to the large set screw that secures the Blade into the dimples in the KAK tube. As long as you don’t red Loctite the set screw in place, ATF considers it to be “temporarily placed” and “perfectly okay to shoulder.” (He didn’t beat around the bush on this topic.)
  2. “Length of pull”—for lack of a better word regarding pistol braces—begins to enter a “gray area” above 13.5″. Above 13.5″ begins “to enter shoulder stock area.” (His words. I believe this has to do with the “comfortableness” aspect.) On an AR-15, the “length of pull” for the Blade is approximately 13.13″, so no issues there. But if you use the Blade on a firearm that requires a large adapter of some sort, please make sure that you only use the dimples up to the point that you remain below the 13.5″ length. Stay below 13.5″ and according to ATF, it’s okay to shoulder a Shockwave Blade.
So there you have it. Anything you read to the contrary on a web forum, social media site, or industry blog is simple misinformation by people who are not being completely honest.

http://shockwavetechnologies.com/site/?p=3524

SouthernSlammed

Gingerbeard Operator
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 29, 2015
Fapville
Zip code
Heard this last weekend. Makes sense with regards to length of pull, can't have it adjustable or permanently affixed!

Still, I would rather just SBR!

Reactions: dial1911

Rwjeter

Space Force General Freeze.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
I'm gonna shoulder the shit outta my kak blade this weekend because my daddy says it's ok now.
Daddy is so smart. He's well versed in black magic and knows how to avoid it. Like sliding the KAK past 13.5 and shouldering. Then poof! Black magic storms ascend as it turns into a vile and evil unregistered illegal SBR. Bad juju man. Bad juju. We should give him money. Oh wait, he already took it out of my check....

Reactions: karlvv and Knessler