Wood working

American Revival Apparel Company

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
I have been slowly getting into small basic wood working projects. My grandfather was big into it and my dad is too. I've built a few things so far. Some are more for function than style but I still try and make them look nice.

I've posted this one before, it sits on my workbench and holds my common tools in easy reach.
IMG_2186.JPG

This is a small stand for my Bluetooth speaker I use with my computer monitor on my workbench.
IMG_2226.JPG

A simple paper towel holder over my work bench. The small nails hold the pipe in place so I can easily remove it to change the roll.
IMG_2225.JPG

If you haven't picked up on it yet, I like to build things to make my life easier and my work area organized. All of these were made with scrap wood from other projects.

For Mother's Day I made this. It's not perfect but I think it turned out ok for my first picture frame.
IMG_3764.JPG IMG_3765.JPG

erkinator 2

Smiling Handyman
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
get a Kreg tool, you will love it.Pocket joiner. Once I got the hang of it works great and helps hide the screws.

Reactions: AtlMedic

erkinator 2

Smiling Handyman
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
I'll add

and my list of tool needs keeps growing. At least it's easier to justify tool purchases to my wife easier than gun stuff.

takes both sides of my garage for my tools. Been upgrading for 10 years, enjoy my friend

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
Reactions: Jake

Okuma

Proprietor
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 26, 2016
Zip code
Reactions: Jake

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
I have a Bose soundlink. It sounds good.

Back on topic, if anyone is needing a Shopsmith Mark V for working the wood,I have one I'd part with. Handful of attachments too.

So you work the wood and have a hand full? Sounds ghey.

Reactions: Okuma

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
So I finished this the other day. I made it for my son. It's far from perfect, like all my projects, but not bad for my first toy. My son likes it a lot too.

I made it out of scrap wood. It was a pine 1x6 and then I glued two pieces of 1/4 pine sheets to each side to make the box wider. I made the emergency "lights" recessed because I wanted to see how they would turn out. I learned a bunch on this one and the one I make for my niece should be nicer.

If you didn't know, I work for Grady.
IMG_2263.JPG
IMG_2264.JPG

One of our trucks for comparison. If I do it again I'll let my wife do the painting, she much more of an artist than I am.
IMG_2271.JPG

I also threw these brackets together, my wife had stuck on hooks to hold the sticks, but they kept falling. I made some keyhole slots on the back so now they are nailed in.
IMG_2257.JPG

Reactions: Hayata

Hayata

Blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-PING!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
I didn't inherit the wood-working gene from my father like all the other stuff. I've split the crankcase of a zx-6 Ninja and replaced first and second gears but for the life of me I can't hammer a nail in straight.

And I'm not speaking to my circular saw. That bitch can't cut straight for nuthin'...

Dude, I bet you could sell that dang Grady truck in their gift shop. For cereal. Little extra cash on da side, yo'!

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
I didn't inherit the wood-working gene from my father like all the other stuff. I've split the crankcase of a zx-6 Ninja and replaced first and second gears but for the life of me I can't hammer a nail in straight.

And I'm not speaking to my circular saw. That bitch can't cut straight for nuthin'...

Dude, I bet you could sell that dang Grady truck in their gift shop. For cereal. Little extra cash on da side, yo'!

I've always been pretty good at building and fixing things, both wood and mechanical stuff. My parents saw that when I was young and encouraged me to go to school for Mechanical Engineering. It took me about a year in college to realize that i wasn't nearly good enough at math for that degree. Got As in all my engineering classes but couldn't pass college algebra.