This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. Welcome OHGunOwners Members! OHGunOwners has come together with Southeast Traders to build one awesome outdoor and gun trading community. More members, more content, more classifieds and more fun to be experienced. We've made the transition as seamless as possible, so you can use your existing login credentials. If you have any issues, email [email protected] and we will take care of it for you!
    Dismiss Notice

WIn 1000 22`s, donate to Rent a cabin for Vet with terminal Cancer

Discussion in 'Good News, Charity Auctions and 501c3 Raffles' started by erkinator, Jan 9, 2018.

1. erkinator

erkinator AV Monkey
    Trusted Trader Lifetime Supporter

Myself and @Mac11FA came up with 200 dollars so far to help rent a cabin for a Vet who has terminal Cancer. I am selling FJ`s Ruger at the moment, and their anniversary is coming up April 7th. Total rental is about 450.00.

If anyone is interested in helping out, PM me. I will have a drawing at the close of this for someone to win 1000 rounds of 22. Will keep open till MArch 30th. Any extra monies left over, we will get them a kroger card for groceries and such to help out on that end.

Thanks to all who have helped in the past for those in need.

Eric

#1 erkinator, Jan 9, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    AirOpsMgr likes this.
  2. Mac11FA

Mac11FA Stamp collector

Thanks for doing this Eric. You and I talked about this and would love to see this community get involved and helping out Vets with needs and support. It does not always have to be a monetary gift but could be as simple as pledging some of your time to help out with a project or giving someone a ride. @dougiemac we would love your input on this as well.

I cannot think of a better way to help out military brothers out and thank them for their service and fighting for our freedom. There are many of those who made great sacrifices and who are being screwed over by the VA to a point where they cannot enjoy what lives they have due to the financial strain and burden of having to pay for their treatment out of pocket. I know that there are other groups out there that do provide support but by pledging your support right here you know that you are helping someone right here in our community.

Don't know if we should start a forum for this and any and all ideas would be helpful. Thanks for your time.

erkinator, cakwoody and AirOpsMgr like this.
  3. AirOpsMgr

AirOpsMgr Director of Lavatory Services
    Administrator Trusted Trader Lifetime Supporter

In, PM sent

erkinator likes this.
  4. dougiemac

dougiemacdougiemac is a Verified Member Dir. of Gun Culture
    Owner Trusted Trader

We need to make sure we vet those we help, but I’m onboard if needed and will help with the cost.

Mac11FA and erkinator like this.
  5. erkinator

erkinator AV Monkey

I will offer up an needed info.

I already reserved the cabin. Sliding rock cabin rentals. Forever Young is the name of the unit.Any info on them if needed let me know. Thanks

6. Mac11FA

Mac11FA Stamp collector

Absolutely. Eric knows a few and I am sure we have a few here.

7. erkinator

erkinator AV Monkey

8. dougiemac

dougiemacdougiemac is a Verified Member Dir. of Gun Culture
    Owner Trusted Trader

Message me with what you need...I'll see what I can do.

9. erkinator

erkinator AV Monkey

Going to up the stakes with thousand rounds of 22 drawing for anyone who donates.Mac and and @dougiemac .reply in to this thread so when done can do random number generator

10. Mac11FA

Mac11FA Stamp collector