Why do you NOT have chickens?

Tedkennedy

Omnivore
Site Supporter
May 17, 2016
Oklahoma
Zip code
Wow, that's fucked up. I hate cats with a passion but I'd never intentionally run one over. A lot of people view their cats how I view my dogs. If anyone intentionally ran my dog over I'd definitely be going to jail.

I love my dogs, therefore I do not let them play in the street. Oddly enough I treated my sons the same way.

The cats that piss around my front porch must be feral, 'cause cat lovers surely wouldn't allow Tabby to just run loose.

My wife likes cats a little less than I do. I'll be watching for any unusual "growth".

Laufen

Ammosexual
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I love my dogs, therefore I do not let them play in the street. Oddly enough I treated my sons the same way.

The cats that piss around my front porch must be feral, 'cause cat lovers surely wouldn't allow Tabby to just run loose.

My wife likes cats a little less than I do. I'll be watching for any unusual "growth".
One of our cats runs loose because he was an outside cat when we got him. I'd liken it to being kept in prison if you were born a free man...and I wouldn't do that to a critter. I'm fine with him having a potentially shorter life if he's living outside and happy vs. being miserable indoors. That said, if someone intentionally tried to kill him..well.......they'd better not.

Tedkennedy

Omnivore
Site Supporter
May 17, 2016
Oklahoma
Zip code
One of our cats runs loose because he was an outside cat when we got him. I'd liken it to being kept in prison if you were born a free man...and I wouldn't do that to a critter. I'm fine with him having a potentially shorter life if he's living outside and happy vs. being miserable indoors. That said, if someone intentionally tried to kill him..well.......they'd better not.
So you're cool with him pissing in your neighbors' flowerbeds, shitting up the place?

I don't understand - why do cat owners think they don't have the same responsibilities for their animals as dog owners, cattlemen, etc?

Laufen

Ammosexual
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
So you're cool with him pissing in your neighbors' flowerbeds, shitting up the place?

I don't understand - why do cat owners think they don't have the same responsibilities for their animals as dog owners, cattlemen, etc?
The cat stays in our yard most of the time, but yeah...I'm fine with some piss on a bush. I've only had neighbors comment on how they no longer have a rodent problem.

Think about it. The size and frequency of cow shit vs the size and frequency of cat shit. also, the cat shits in the English ivy.

So, if you agree with all of the above the solution is to run over someone's pet out of spite?

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Sep 5, 2015
Hilton Head, SC
Zip code
If I had a problem with your outdoor cat pissing on my property, I'd just sprinkle some ground reaper in the area.....that cat would stop hanging around pretty quick.

Tedkennedy

Omnivore
Site Supporter
May 17, 2016
Oklahoma
Zip code
The cat stays in our yard most of the time, but yeah...I'm fine with some piss on a bush. I've only had neighbors comment on how they no longer have a rodent problem.

Think about it. The size and frequency of cow shit vs the size and frequency of cat shit. also, the cat shits in the English ivy.

So, if you agree with all of the above the solution is to run over someone's pet out of spite?
Smelling cat piss when I walk out of my front door? No, I'm not ok with that.

Besides, the real pleasure for me isn't running over the cat - it's breaking the hearts of small children that really brings me pleasure.

Laufen

Ammosexual
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Smelling cat piss when I walk out of my front door? No, I'm not ok with that.

Besides, the real pleasure for me isn't running over the cat - it's breaking the hearts of small children that really brings me pleasure.
I've never smelled cat piss outside, and he's been out there for 9 years.

download.jpg

Reactions: Cameron Shepherd

Tedkennedy

Omnivore
Site Supporter
May 17, 2016
Oklahoma
Zip code
I've never smelled cat piss outside, and he's been out there for 9 years.
No shit. That because he's pissing on you neighbor's yard - you know, the grouchy old bastard with the F350 covered in mud and blood.

lesptr

Sniper
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 7, 2018
Newnan, GA
Zip code
If the male cat has been fixed, there’s no smell!
Mine is fixed, and he was supposed to be an indoor cat, but he figured out how to use the doggie door. The little Fucker is a killing machine. As far as pissing and shitting in my neighbors yard, I hope so. That guy is a prick.

Laufen

Ammosexual
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
No shit. That because he's pissing on you neighbor's yard - you know, the grouchy old bastard with the F350 covered in mud and blood.
Like I said, he spends about 90% of his time in our yard. No smell, no problems. My neighbors have only commented on the lack of rodents. I guess my neighbors aren't sadistic assholes.

Jake

All gun laws are an infringement!
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Southern Gwinnett/Northern Rockdale
Zip code

There's a reason that most places have a leash law for dogs and not for cats. A lot of people(myself included) keep an outside cat around the house for critter control. Kinda hard for a cat to do its job when it's on a leash or inside. If my neighbors had a problem with any of my animals, or vice versa, we would talk about it and try to correct the issue. We wouldn't run the fuckin thing over out of spite. Just like I wouldn't throw rat poison over my neighbors fence just because their dog barks all the time.

Reactions: Grunk