Whole30® Lifestyle

Faktory 47

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
One of my best friends in the whole world and a former SpecOps just turned me onto this Whole30® lifestyle that I am going to try to adopt. It looks similar to the Paleo lifestyle of eating. Has anyone changed their bad eating habits with something similar to this?

The Whole30® is pretty restrictive for the first 30 days to kick those bad habits, cleanse the body of toxins and get your metabolism into a ketosis mode of burning fat. After 30 days, there is a reintroduction of specific foods, but many foods you'll find that you replaced, you won't want to reintroduce because of the effect they have on your body. You'll find the reason you feel bad could be attributed to a specific food intake. Additionally you will have adapted a specific lifestyle that you will want to maintain.

Here' the "rules" for the Whole30® as found on their website.

The Whole30 Program Rules
http://whole30.com/whole30-program-rules/

Eat meat, seafood, eggs, tons of vegetables, some fruit, and plenty of good fats from fruits, oils, nuts and seeds. Eat foods with very few ingredients, all pronounceable ingredients, or better yet, no ingredients listed at all because they’re totally natural and unprocessed. Don’t worry… these guidelines are outlined in extensive detail in our free shopping list.

More importantly, here’s what NOT to eat during the duration of your Whole30 program. Omitting all of these foods and beverages will help you regain your healthy metabolism, reduce systemic inflammation, and help you discover how these foods are truly impacting your health, fitness and quality of life.
  • Do not consume added sugar of any kind, real or artificial. No maple syrup, honey, agave nectar, coconut sugar, Splenda, Equal, Nutrasweet, xylitol, stevia, etc. Read your labels, because companies sneak sugar into products in ways you might not recognize.
  • Do not consume alcohol in any form, not even for cooking. (And it should go without saying, but no tobacco products of any sort, either.)
  • Do not eat grains. This includes (but is not limited to) wheat, rye, barley, oats, corn, rice, millet, bulgur, sorghum, amaranth, buckwheat, sprouted grains and all of those gluten-free pseudo-grains like quinoa. This also includes all the ways we add wheat, corn and rice into our foods in the form of bran, germ, starch and so on. Again, read your labels.
  • Do not eat legumes. This includes beans of all kinds (black, red, pinto, navy, white, kidney, lima, fava, etc.), peas, chickpeas, lentils, and peanuts. No peanut butter, either. This also includes all forms of soy – soy sauce, miso, tofu, tempeh, edamame, and all the ways we sneak soy into foods (like lecithin).
  • Do not eat dairy. This includes cow, goat or sheep’s milk products such as cream, cheese (hard or soft), kefir, yogurt (even Greek), and sour cream… with the exception of clarified butter or ghee. (See below for details.)
  • Do not consume carrageenan, MSG or sulfites. If these ingredients appear in any form on the label of your processed food or beverage, it’s out for the Whole30.
  • Do not try to re-create baked goods, junk foods, or treats* with “approved” ingredients. Continuing to eat your old, unhealthy foods made with Whole30 ingredients is totally missing the point, and will tank your results faster than you can say “Paleo Pop-Tarts.” Remember, these are the same foods that got you into health-trouble in the first place—and a pancake is still a pancake, regardless of the ingredients.
  • One last and final rule: You are not allowed to step on the scale or take any body measurements for the duration of the program. This is about so much more than just weight loss, and to focus on your body composition means you’ll miss out on the most dramatic and lifelong benefits this plan has to offer. So, no weighing yourself, analyzing body fat or taking comparative measurements during your Whole30. (We do encourage you to weigh yourself before and after, however, so you can see one of the more tangible results of your efforts when your program is over.)
Download the PDF here: http://whole30.com/downloads/official-whole30-program-rules.pdf

karlvv

The LEGEND
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 3, 2015
Harlem, GA
Zip code
I might try this. I need a change. I once lost 44 pounds in a month and a half on a no carb diet, but those are not sustainable.

Reactions: dougiemac

Hayata

Blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-PING!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
Very similar to Adkins as well.

Lost over 30 pounds following this kind of diet but we definitely drink (liquor has no carbs) and definitely do dairy - would life be worth living without cheese?

Grains are the debil.

If sugar was introduced today it would be a controlled substance.

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
Very similar to Adkins as well.

Lost over 30 pounds following this kind of diet but we definitely drink (liquor has no carbs) and definitely do dairy - would life be worth living without cheese?

Grains are the debil.

If sugar was introduced today it would be a controlled substance.
I couldnt live without cheese. I eat cottage cheese and fruit for breakfast almost every day. Good protein and cuts down on the acid I have after coffee lol.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I'll say this much:

Do what works for you.

and.......

"Cleanses" are 110% bullshit. If toxins built up in your body they'd kill you. Your liver cleanses your body of toxins. The cleanse fad is the biggest money wasting, extorting, pseudoscience bullshit, since drilling holes in your head to alleviate headaches.

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
I'll say this much:

Do what works for you.

and.......

"Cleanses" are 110% bullshit. If toxins built up in your body they'd kill you. Your liver cleanses your body of toxins. The cleanse fad is the biggest money wasting, extorting, pseudoscience bullshit, since drilling holes in your head to alleviate headaches.

This isn't a cleanse. It's just ridding your body of the things that inhibit a healthier lifestyle and then maintaining that healthier lifestyle.

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
I couldnt live without cheese. I eat cottage cheese and fruit for breakfast almost every day. Good protein and cuts down on the acid I have after coffee lol.

Yeah the dairy will be the toughest for me for 30 days. Yogurt, cheese, cream in my coffee.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
This isn't a cleanse. It's just ridding your body of the things that inhibit a healthier lifestyle and then maintaining that healthier lifestyle.
I get that. What are those things though? What's in a bean that inhibits a healthier lifestyle?

Hayata

Blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-PING!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
450.jpg

You can get these almost anywhere - they will tell you if - and to what degree - of ketosis your body is experiencing.

karlvv

The LEGEND
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 3, 2015
Harlem, GA
Zip code
450.jpg

You can get these almost anywhere - they will tell you if - and to what degree - of ketosis your body is experiencing.

Ketosis can be bad for your liver and kidneys. I will have to be careful if I do it.