This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.

Who`s working their hunting patch already?

Discussion in 'Hunting Talk' started by erkinator, May 1, 2017.

1. erkinator

erkinator AV Monkey
    Lifetime Supporter Trusted Trader

Got lucky this year and moving along with my brother to the piedmont wilderness area near Forsyth Ga. Trophy land with lots of food, sanctuary area, water. We have been down there already setting up feeders with corn and protein pellets, with an apple dust additive. Figured out stand areas, have cameras watching. So far the first month 4000 picture. Only one had and 8 point early last month. Guess most other have dropped and are regrowing by now. Lots of turkey with large beards.

Heading down there again this weekend to do trails to stands and refill feeders. Who else is busy this early?

I would like others to chime in on scents used in the woods. I have tried many ,and I have seen many deer walk by and not even bother with them. Hanging off limbs right at their nose.

I am just going to stick to my scent control and not waste money on the other crap. lol

Laufen and karlvv like this.
  2. karlvv

karlvv Russian Hacker
    Trusted Trader Site Supporter

Scent control and hunt the wind always works well. I will start scouting in July or August. Their patterns will be alot closer to their September pattern by then.

3. erkinator

erkinator AV Monkey

We figured to make them fit our pattern where we want them. Have 4 feeders out, valleys, near stream,middle thickets. Big boys like to stay concealed. I`m gonna find em and hunt the thick stuff.

4. erkinator

erkinator AV Monkey

5. War Paint

War Paint Frontiersman
    Trusted Trader Site Supporter

We will start filling feeders after Turkey season.

6. Laufen

Laufen The Legend
    Trusted Trader

I hunt the wind for scent control, but I also have an old blender that I use to make scent bombs. Basically I just toss some glycerin and cedar or juniper berries and nettles into the mix and make a paste. It has a really strong odor that probably helps to cover up a bit of my scent.

erkinator likes this.
  7. Tedkennedy

Tedkennedy Hunter

I checked game cam the other day, filled feeder, but mostly did that for the hogs. Too early to think about deer, it's fishing season!

erkinator and karlvv like this.
  8. erkinator

erkinator AV Monkey

never too early to think about deer. Jst saw another this morning taking a nap on the side of road. Gonna get hit one of these days doing that