American Revival Apparel Company

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
Who loves sushi?

Best sushi roll you've ever eaten.... Where? What was it called? What was in it? How did it taste? (pics are a bonus!)

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
I had something from that little place off barret by hobbytown or whatever it is recently called seared tuna I think. freaking DELICIOUS omg I need more of it right meow thanks for reminding me.

Reactions: sam

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
Back in my early 20's I worked in R&D for the world's largest zipper manufacturer. I played "tech support" during some of the higher level salesman trips around NYC and other "fashion" places.

Anyway, being a Japanese company, we always had a few of their guys with us. Dinners were always interesting in NYC... I went to some very authentic Japanese restaurants and had some amazing food. This was a bit before everyone had a cell phone with a camera in their pocket. Although, being that I was touring with a bunch of Japanese guys, I'm surprised not one of them had a camera around their neck.

Sorry- I don't have anything specific to add, just nice memories from a job that I'm glad I quit.

Cudruln

Turning dollars into pennies.
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
The best sushi I ever had was in Japan. It has been a while since I have been there. But the last time I was there I visited a hole in the wall restaurant and a local was buying me and the family everything on the menu. Very cool experience.

Other than that the wife gets California rolls everytime we do hibachi.

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
Never ate it and I'm 99.9% sure I never will

There's plenty of cooked sushi and vegetarian sushi. Heck, it's mostly rice anyway.

I just remembered something Kobayashi said once... we were talking about American sushi and he goes off on this rant about avocados... and how the hell did some American throw avocado into Japanese food... He was making the funniest faces (not funny to him, but still hilarious). And I can't even type it phonetically, but he couldn't pronounce all the letters in avocado which made it even funnier.

Hearing them all walking around saying "jipper" instead of "zipper" never got old either.

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
Nothing worth mentioning in the Atlanta area.

Doesn't have to be in Atlanta.

For me... it had to be the either the House Roll from Nobu in NYC or a Chirashi Bowl I had while living for a very brief time on the North Shore in Haleiwa, Ohau.

DoglegArms

Silencer Dealer of 2015, 2016, 2017
Jul 12, 2015
Dallas, GA
www.doglegarms.com
Zip code
The best sushi I ever had was in Japan. It has been a while since I have been there. But the last time I was there I visited a hole in the wall restaurant and a local was buying me and the family everything on the menu. Very cool experience.

Other than that the wife gets California rolls everytime we do hibachi.
You really went to Japan?

oio

I suck dick
Nov 17, 2015
Alpharetta
Zip code
Doesn't have to be in Atlanta.

For me... it had to be the either the House Roll from Nobu in NYC or a Chirashi Bowl I had while living for a very brief time on the North Shore in Haleiwa, Ohau.
Yep, seems you travel enough to have had some good sushi.
Besides Hawaii and NYC, I've had great sushi in Seattle, San Diego, San Francisco, Miami, and of course Toronto and Vancouver.

Reactions: dougiemac

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
Yep, seems you travel enough to have had some good sushi.
Besides Hawaii and NYC, I've had great sushi in Seattle, San Diego, San Francisco, Miami, and of course Toronto and Vancouver.

Vegas has some amazing sushi, I've eaten sushi there once but didn't get anything yet to know do my socks off.