Who here rides a dual sport?

Faktory 47

bamtech1

Hunter
Dec 19, 2016
Mayretta
Zip code
Thanks!

Back on the subject of dual sport motos- I'm sort of looking out for a DRz400 or maybe a WR400 to try out. The TW200 is a tractor, will go just about anywhere you point it. It just doesn't have the nuts to really roost it out if you get in a spot. I guess the upside of that is that it won't bodyslam you if you grab too much throttle!

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
Thanks!

Back on the subject of dual sport motos- I'm sort of looking out for a DRz400 or maybe a WR400 to try out. The TW200 is a tractor, will go just about anywhere you point it. It just doesn't have the nuts to really roost it out if you get in a spot. I guess the upside of that is that it won't bodyslam you if you grab too much throttle!
Ive heard great things about the SM400's. I personally really want the SM. I was checking the new one out just this weekend actually. Cant decide on that or the SE though.

bamtech1

Hunter
Dec 19, 2016
Mayretta
Zip code
I don't dig the moTARDs myself. To me there are two kinds of DS bikes: touring bikes that are dirt road capable and trail rigs with lights. I lean more to the dirtbike side, just barely legal for transit to/from. The supermoto thing (to me) just blurs the line further.

Hey, as I was typing I recalled a friend who wanted to sell his drz400sm. Lemme ask him...

NWS

Not a hot midget
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Georgia
Zip code
Ive heard great things about the SM400's. I personally really want the SM. I was checking the new one out just this weekend actually. Cant decide on that or the SE though.

I would love a DRZ 400SM. I don't know if I could act like an adult on one though. Same reason I don't have a Grom.

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
I don't dig the moTARDs myself. To me there are two kinds of DS bikes: touring bikes that are dirt road capable and trail rigs with lights. I lean more to the dirtbike side, just barely legal for transit to/from. The supermoto thing (to me) just blurs the line further.

Hey, as I was typing I recalled a friend who wanted to sell his drz400sm. Lemme ask him...
Please do!

Id prefer have a set of dirt tires for the winter time too. Since I cant afford two bikes hahaha

Rwjeter

Space Force General Freeze.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
Thanks!

I miss my TW200. You got the nail on the head in describing it though. At 50mph on the highway it sounded like it was about to blow up. But get it off road and it would take you anywhere. I've kicked around the idea of getting another one. I read on one forum about replacing the rear sprocket with a smaller one and it would help on the road. I was always afraid what I would sacrifice though.