What's the new tech these days for NC headphones, ear buds, wireless speakers?

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

AirOpsMgr

Director of Lavatory Services
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
McDonough, Georgia
Zip code
Upgrading isn't a must, but interested to hear if anyone has had experience with any of the new noise cancelling headphones or ear buds that have come out in the past year. Also looking for a good wireless conference call speaker (with active NC if it exists to cut down on background noise on my end that other callers might hear).

I currently use a set of Bose QC35's, mostly while on flights for the NC but sometimes for conference calls. Have had them for a few years, just replaced the ear pads and they still work fine with plenty of battery life per charge.

Also have a set of Bose SoundSport wireless earbuds, also a couple of years old, mainly for when I don't want to wear the bulky headset - not a fan of the controls (or maybe I'm just a tard and can't remember how to use certain functions), but the battery needs full recharging if they sit for more than a week.

As for wireless speaker, I use a Bose Soundlink Micro, don't really use it much, and it's fine for playing music but not great for conference calls, so mainly use a headset or earbuds, but would like to have a better option if it exists.

I know there are new versions out from Bose, Sony, etc, but just curious if any of the new options offer dramatically better performance for the $$, most are pretty spensive & I'm fine with what I have unless I missing out on a huge advancement.

AirOpsMgr

Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
McDonough, Georgia
Zip code
Well can’t help you because I’m using the Bose products you already mentioned.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Bose fanboi or anything, I've just had good experiences with their products over the years and haven't really tried anything else.

I have co-workers that swear by Sony headphones for sound quality but they agree that Bose is slightly better for NC. A few guys I know have the newer Bose NC headsets and 1 has the new NC earbuds and rave about them, but just curious how much better they are Vs the old tech.

Reactions: dial1911

lesptr

Sasquatch
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 7, 2018
Newnan, GA
Zip code
I have nib, never opened earbuds I’ll trade ya for 2 HK45 magazines.

a98fd41054903169363ffbbe5d63834d.jpg

Matt Ellerbee

Pure blood
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 26, 2016
Canton
Zip code
I have isotunes muffs and pods. Both are excellent. I think the pods block slightly more noise.
If you want, I’ll make you a good deal on the muffs.

AirOpsMgr

Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
McDonough, Georgia
Zip code
I have nib, never opened earbuds I’ll trade ya for 2 HK45 magazines.

a98fd41054903169363ffbbe5d63834d.jpg
I'll pass, not a fan of corded, but will keep an eye out for the Unicorn mags & let ya know when I see them again ;)

I have isotunes muffs and pods. Both are excellent. I think the pods block slightly more noise.
If you want, I’ll make you a good deal on the muffs.

I'm good on EarPro, but thanks! I would like to find some EarPro that could connect to 2-way radios for our ramp guys, but I think we're gonna have to spend a lot of money to upgrade our 2-way radios before I make it happen.

Reactions: dial1911

Matt Ellerbee

Pure blood
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 26, 2016
Canton
Zip code
I'll pass, not a fan of corded, but will keep an eye out for the Unicorn mags & let ya know when I see them again ;)

I'm good on EarPro, but thanks! I would like to find some EarPro that could connect to 2-way radios for our ramp guys, but I think we're gonna have to spend a lot of money to upgrade our 2-way radios before I make it happen.
I didn’t read what you were looking for! Lol.

Arborist use two way for the ground guys and the one climbing. May be some options there.

Reactions: AirOpsMgr