What's in your GHB?

Jake

AKA "Scooter"
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Southern Gwinnett/Northern Rockdale
Zip code
So I'm thinking that I'm going to use the LBT 3 day assault pack that I won in the giveaway as my GHB. I'm going to keep it with me at all times in my car, work truck, old lady's van etc. until I can get a few more put together to keep one in each of those vehicles. What all do you have in your GHB? Just want some ideas so that I have a general idea of things to look for when I go to @TruPrep next weekend.

dial1911

Mouse hunter
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Central Hades
Zip code
I think everyone has their own priorities, but I'd put together a list based on what you anticipate that you will need to get home.

And on the subject of each vehicle, go ahead and buy a 6 or 12 pack of water bottles or each. They don't take up too much room and it's incredibly useful- from having a way to wash your hands or get a drink when you're thirsty. For that matter, I keep a pack of baby wipes in each car for some of the same reasons.

GHB's.... I'd probably skip the dehydrated food and the other long term things and focus on what's needed for a 48 hour period. Some way to keep warm should you have to, water (see above), knowing your route and some alternates (i.e. maps printed for your area), and probably some basic security. Depending on your normal footwear, I might have a pair of comfy shoes for the possible walk. And a flashlight with batteries could be a great addition.

My own idea of a GHB kind of combines getting home with the stuff I might need on a day to day basis, should something come up. I've added a pair of work gloves, some light weight and medium weight cordage, some snacks, spare batteries, etc. to mine. Those extras have proven more useful than the "basics" to date. Personally, I need some antacid and a change of clothes (at least a clean T-shirt) to keep some days going in my favor.

Oh- and add a few pairs of rubber gloves or something similar to each vehicle's glove compartment. Those things can be great when you really need them. This varies from diaper explosion to dealing with leaking vehicle fluids.

Cudruln

Turning pennies into dollars.
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
Well I travel the south east a lot, so keep that in mind. I carry enough in my bag to make a 4 to 5 day trip. Plus some extra items that are always in the truck with me like the hammock, clothes, moist butt wipes (gotta stay fresh) and a couple small tools including a axe. Here are some pics, everything is pretty much self explanatory.20160529_215020.jpg 20160529_215130.jpg 20160529_215258.jpg 20160529_215344.jpg 20160529_215617.jpg

Reactions: Jake and dial1911

dial1911

Mouse hunter
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Central Hades
Zip code
I'd love to hear about the scales on that knife (that looks like an ESEE blade/sheath).... those are kind of what I've been trying to make on my own.

Good write up and love the pictures- Getting home means many things to different people.

Patryn

The Prepared Plunderer
Aug 13, 2015
Marietta
www.rzrrestoration.com
Zip code
So I'm thinking that I'm going to use the LBT 3 day assault pack that I won in the giveaway as my GHB. I'm going to keep it with me at all times in my car, work truck, old lady's van etc. until I can get a few more put together to keep one in each of those vehicles. What all do you have in your GHB? Just want some ideas so that I have a general idea of things to look for when I go to @TruPrep next weekend.
I do a free class once a week on this. Feel free to set up a private one with me and see what it is we do.

Reactions: Jake

Cudruln

Turning pennies into dollars.
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
I'd love to hear about the scales on that knife (that looks like an ESEE blade/sheath).... those are kind of what I've been trying to make on my own.

Good write up and love the pictures- Getting home means many things to different people.
It is a esee. As far as specs on the scales I honesty don't remember them. I picked the knife up a couple years ago and they came with it. I will try to look back at some pm to see if I can find any details on it.

Jake

AKA "Scooter"
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Zip code
I think everyone has their own priorities, but I'd put together a list based on what you anticipate that you will need to get home.

And on the subject of each vehicle, go ahead and buy a 6 or 12 pack of water bottles or each. They don't take up too much room and it's incredibly useful- from having a way to wash your hands or get a drink when you're thirsty. For that matter, I keep a pack of baby wipes in each car for some of the same reasons.

GHB's.... I'd probably skip the dehydrated food and the other long term things and focus on what's needed for a 48 hour period. Some way to keep warm should you have to, water (see above), knowing your route and some alternates (i.e. maps printed for your area), and probably some basic security. Depending on your normal footwear, I might have a pair of comfy shoes for the possible walk. And a flashlight with batteries could be a great addition.

My own idea of a GHB kind of combines getting home with the stuff I might need on a day to day basis, should something come up. I've added a pair of work gloves, some light weight and medium weight cordage, some snacks, spare batteries, etc. to mine. Those extras have proven more useful than the "basics" to date. Personally, I need some antacid and a change of clothes (at least a clean T-shirt) to keep some days going in my favor.

Oh- and add a few pairs of rubber gloves or something similar to each vehicle's glove compartment. Those things can be great when you really need them. This varies from diaper explosion to dealing with leaking vehicle fluids.
We already have a case of water and a diaper bag with baby wipes and several pairs of clothes for the baby in vehicles. Rubber gloves is a great idea that I probably wouldn't have thought about.

I am often anywhere between 50-75 miles as the crow flies from home when I'm at work so I'll have to take that into consideration.

Jake

AKA "Scooter"
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Zip code
Well I travel the south east a lot, so keep that in mind. I carry enough in my bag to make a 4 to 5 day trip. Plus some extra items that are always in the truck with me like the hammock, clothes, moist butt wipes (gotta stay fresh) and a couple small tools including a axe. Here are some pics, everything is pretty much self explanatory.View attachment 20788 View attachment 20789 View attachment 20790 View attachment 20791 View attachment 20792
Thanks man, that gives me some great ideas! That's a nice setup that you have there.

Reactions: Cudruln

Jake

AKA "Scooter"
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Zip code
I do a free class once a week on this. Feel free to set up a private one with me and see what it is we do.
Dude, I will definitely take you up on that! Thanks! I'll send you a PM later in the week when I have a good idea of when I'll be free and we can try to see if we can arrange a time that works best for both of us.

Reactions: Patryn