What would you do? (Carry at the Atlanta Ferris Wheel)

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA
H

Hoss

Saturday night several friends and family members went to eat in Virginia Highlands then we headed over to the Ferris Wheel. It was my daughter's birthday and that's what she wanted to do. We had already bought tickets online. When we got to the Ferris Wheel entrance they were wanding everyone that came through the gate. About 1/3 of our group stopped and said "We can't go in" . The security guar at the gate asked why and said if we were carrying to go see the guard at the podium. At the podium they told us that we could lock our guns in the lock box. So,we elected to not ruin the evening and locked our guns in their gun locker. They gave us the keys to get them back after the ride. It was quick and they were friendly about it.

That being said, what would you have done?

Reactions: erkinator 2

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I would have done the same thing. There's no reason to spoil your daughter's experience and throw a tantrum over a policy that the attendants didn't write. They may have been just as upset about the "no guns" thing as the rest of us.

Reactions: Rwjeter and Hoss

Huddy

Tracker
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 5, 2016
Cumming, GA
Zip code
Did anyone ask why? Or attempt to pass the wand? I assume they don't want jackasses popping off rounds at Max height toward the city...

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
I'd have stuffed my LCP behind my belt buckle and hope they didn't catch me. If they did I'd have locked it up.

Reactions: Rwjeter

SouthernSlammed

Gingerbeard Operator
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 29, 2015
Fapville
Zip code
Nope... should have broke out the video... screamed free rights and that they were being racist!

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
I'd have stuffed my LCP behind my belt buckle and hope they didn't catch me. If they did I'd have locked it up.
With wands that's exactly what I do(not an LCP though) They don't want to see in your pants, those people are just going through the motions.

Reactions: Jake

Cudruln

Turning dollars into pennies.
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
The first and last time I was there I was told I had to put it in the vehicle.

But I would have done the same as you.

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
Nice of them to not hassle you about it and offer to lock them up for you. Depending on the size of the crowd, some BGs might have followed you to see where you parked and broke into your vehicles and stole them.

Reactions: Hoss

Rwjeter

Space Force General Freeze.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
Nope... should have broke out the video... screamed free rights and that they were being racist!
We could have Started a new movement. #Hosslivesmatter. Lol.

But seriously, I would've done the same. It's a lot better than walking back to the truck or ruining the big night out. Plus throwing a fit does nothing for gun rights.

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
Saturday night several friends and family members went to eat in Virginia Highlands then we headed over to the Ferris Wheel. It was my daughter's birthday and that's what she wanted to do. We had already bought tickets online. When we got to the Ferris Wheel entrance they were wanding everyone that came through the gate. About 1/3 of our group stopped and said "We can't go in" . The security guar at the gate asked why and said if we were carrying to go see the guard at the podium. At the podium they told us that we could lock our guns in the lock box. So,we elected to not ruin the evening and locked our guns in their gun locker. They gave us the keys to get them back after the ride. It was quick and they were friendly about it.

That being said, what would you have done?
got the VIP package that has tinted windows and 5 min stop at the top and whip my gun out for 30 disappointing seconds. Pretty sure Timberlake has a song about putting his piece in a box

Reactions: Mac11FA
H

Hoss

We could have Started a new movement. #Hosslivesmatter. Lol.

But seriously, I would've done the same. It's a lot better than walking back to the truck or ruining the big night out. Plus throwing a fit does nothing for gun rights.
It was pretty obvious to everyone around what was happening. My fear was taking them back to our vehicles and having someone tail us.

Reactions: Rwjeter

Rwjeter

Space Force General Freeze.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
It was pretty obvious to everyone around what was happening. My fear was taking them back to our vehicles and having someone tail us.
Yeah, I would be paranoid of that too. Then they not only know which vehicle to break into, but they would also know you were unarmed on the way back. Much better to lock them up in a secure box surrounded by a crowd of people with security. Then get them back the same way where no bad guy will risk it.