What Type Of Ammo Do You Use In Your Edc?

GA Firing Line

HiPointer

Boom, Got my CCW pistol finall!
Feb 17, 2016
What type of ammo is everyone using in their everyday carry gun of choice? I ran some cheap hallowpoints in my hipoint but they always fired so I wasn't super worried. and I knew i probably wouldn't have to shoot through concrete bricks and stuff lol.

Dirtbike

NRA Life Member (Everybody should be!)
Feb 3, 2016
135 gr Hornaday Critical Duty 9mm for my G19, I've went through a few different brands and I'm pretty happy with these, back when I carried my G22 it was 180gr Federal Hydra-shok all the way

MattyD.

T-County Farmboy!
Feb 6, 2016
Hornady XTP 180gr in my SD40VE. Hornady XTP 115gr in the Ruger LC9S.

L8R,

Matt

Dirtbike

Feb 3, 2016
I've read this before it's a good read and well worth the time, it's amazing how far 9mm ammunition had come in the last 20 years as far as penetration and expansion.

MattyD.

T-County Farmboy!
Feb 6, 2016
Honestly, with all of the advances in modern self defense ammo, the big 3 favorite calibers are so close to each other now that it shouldn't matter. Shoot what you like and have peace of mind about it.

L8R,

Matt

Dirtbike

Feb 3, 2016
[QUOTE="MattyD.]Honestly, with all of the advances in modern self defense ammo, the big 3 favorite calibers are so close to each other now that it shouldn't matter. Shoot what you like and have peace of mind about it.
L8R,

Matt

[/QUOTE]
I belive you hit the nail on the head, one of the key items when practicing defensive shooting in my mind is to occasionally fire your carry ammunition and feel comfortable with it, make sure things are cycling like they should and if not hey its only training now is the time to correct it. It would be a bad deal if all one practiced with was FMJ range ammo that worked great at the range regardless of caliber but with no self confidence in your carry ammo it's kinda like leaving it up to faith imho

Dirtbike

Feb 3, 2016
Hahahahahaha! Thank god I don't have calibre identity issues lol!

Feb 5, 2016
[QUOTE="Chris Timmerman]If you haven't seen them, watch Colin Noir's "People who carry....." Set of videos. Pokes fun at the personalities of a 9mm, .40, and .45ACP carrier. Worth watching!

[/QUOTE]
Thank you for this! I needed a good laugh!

Last edited by a moderator: