What have you bought, sold or traded in the past few days?

EugenFJR

Army SDM
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Powder Springs, Hiram
Zip code
Interesting. I’ve never had a problem with pmags, but gi mags have drawn blood on my palm from a simple Tap, rack, bang exercise. Since then I pretty much use pmags.
The side of the Pmags do not have a complete cut out for the mag catch, so depending on how much tension was placed on your rifles mag release button, it might not catch the mag fully and lock it into place. ( at least that was the issue that I've seen the most.) I've seen miss feeds, and even the mag just fall out. Like any other mag, the GI ones do have issues from time to time ( like any other mag out there...) but they seem to lock up better in the mag well IMHO. I do like the anti tilt Magpul followers and install them in all of my GI Mags.

lesptr

Sniper
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 7, 2018
Newnan, GA
Zip code
The side of the Pmags do not have a complete cut out for the mag catch, so depending on how much tension was placed on your rifles mag release button, it might not catch the mag fully and lock it into place. ( at least that was the issue that I've seen the most.) I've seen miss feeds, and even the mag just fall out. Like any other mag, the GI ones do have issues from time to time ( like any other mag out there...) but they seem to lock up better in the mag well IMHO. I do like the anti tilt Magpul followers and install them in all of my GI Mags.
Sees the need for further testing.
I built (as did my wife and daughter) my AR using SunDevil lowers. The mag wells are tight enough that first and second gen pmags won’t drop free with out some help. However, not properly locking into place may cause them not to remain seated. Emags and gen 3 do drop free though. The issue with the gi mags drawing blood was fixed by replacing the bottom plate with plastic magpul plates. Of course my AR’s are range toys with the exception of an occasional professional training course.

EugenFJR

Army SDM
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Powder Springs, Hiram
Zip code
Sees the need for further testing.
I built (as did my wife and daughter) my AR using SunDevil lowers. The mag wells are tight enough that first and second gen pmags won’t drop free with out some help. However, not properly locking into place may cause them not to remain seated. Emags and gen 3 do drop free though. The issue with the gi mags drawing blood was fixed by replacing the bottom plate with plastic magpul plates. Of course my AR’s are range toys with the exception of an occasional professional training course.
From what I've seen/heard the 3rd gen magpul mags function better than the pervious generation mags. I have a ton of GI mags at this point, and don't see a reason to reinvent the wheel when it comes to my mag hording.