Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

Peanut Butter

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub Mod
Kalash Klub
Oct 13, 2019
Jupiter
What books do you guys read? What are you currently reading? I am reading through Rich Dad, Poor Dad again. I tend to reread books a lot to get a better understanding. I’m a huge fan of philosophy, motivational, war stories, and 20-something books LOL

Any suggestions? Drop them here.

Tell us what you’re reading!

Peanut Butter

Sasquatch
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub Mod
Kalash Klub
Oct 13, 2019
Jupiter
Also here’s my daily one minute devotional book. Truth is, I’ve had this book for over 2 years it gives devotionals each day. I have yet to finish it through a whole year. image.jpg image.jpg

Reactions: Herk and Shemp

Huddy

Tracker
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 5, 2016
Cumming, GA
Zip code
"What color is your parachute" as I'm now looking for a new career unexpectedly...

and I've started the "Holding their own" series again. It's a fun read and, though fiction, really opened my eyes to some ideas of prepping, terrorism, warfare, infrastructure fragility, and humanity that I hadn't considered.

Grunk

Why leave anything here?
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 31, 2018
xkbn;zdfbmzd
Zip code
Thanks for the tag, @Peanut Butter! Been making the rounds of doctors with Suz today, so it's taken me a while to get caught up.

I usually have 2 books going at the same time, 1 non-fiction, 1 fiction.

This is the current non-fiction:

1611102577248.png

My dad fought on Peleliu. It was one of the bloodiest battles in USMC history. 2 Battalions of the 1st Marines took over 50% casualties & another took over 70%---the most casualties for a single unit in Marine Corps history. The author served as aide-de-camp in the 1960s for one of the surviving 1st regiment battalion commanders so had his memories to work with & the access to interview many surviving Peleliu veterans. Also includes lots of great period photographs from the USMC history division.

• Love
Reactions: Rabbit2047

Hayata

Blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-PING!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
"Long Range Shooting" - Cleckner

Reactions: lesptr

Grunk

Why leave anything here?
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 31, 2018
xkbn;zdfbmzd
Zip code
Current fiction (I do a lot of fiction in ebooks I can read on my phone/tablet if I happen to get stuck somewhere waiting unexpectedly).

1611103446667.png

Most of Powers' novels are "secret histories". He uses actual, documented historical events featuring famous people, but shows another view of them in which occult or supernatural factors heavily influence the motivations & actions of the characters. I call it "real-world" science fantasy. In most of them many occult phenomena are real, especially ghosts. They are hard to contact & manipulate but it can be done so various people, government agencies, religious groups, etc. attempt to use them to gain power, money, extended life or whatever. These events are going on in the modern world, not some fantasy realm so they have elements of crime novels, spy thrillers, etc. with supernatural stuff thrown in. It all works because Powers is a great writer.

@DeanMoriarty, this is one of the authors I told you about (& what are you reading currently?)

lesptr

Ninja
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 7, 2018
Newnan, GA
Zip code
Current fiction (I do a lot of fiction in ebooks I can read on my phone/tablet if I happen to get stuck somewhere waiting unexpectedly).

View attachment 116602

Most of Powers' novels are "secret histories". He uses actual, documented historical events featuring famous people, but shows another view of them in which occult or supernatural factors heavily influence the motivations & actions of the characters. I call it "real-world" science fantasy. In most of them many occult phenomena are real, especially ghosts. They are hard to contact & manipulate but it can be done so various people, government agencies, religious groups, etc. attempt to use them to gain power, money, extended life or whatever. These events are going on in the modern world, not some fantasy realm so they have elements of crime novels, spy thrillers, etc. with supernatural stuff thrown in. It all works because Powers is a great writer.

@DeanMoriarty, this is one of the authors I told you about (& what are you reading currently?)

Added to my read (listen) list. Thank @Grunk.

Reactions: Grunk

EugenFJR

An anchor on a ship of fools.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Your mom's house
Zip code
I started this awhile back, but I have drill this weekend, so I'll have a lot of time to read off duty. It is supposed to be very weird and scary. I think it will be a nice break from WWII books.
house of leaves.jpg house of leaves2.jpg

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
I started this awhile back, but I have drill this weekend, so I'll have a lot of time to read off duty. It is supposed to be very weird and scary. I think it will be a nice break from WWII books.
View attachment 123285 View attachment 123286

Books have changed a lot since the last one i read.

Must be like that new math i keep hearing about.

• Haha
Reactions: Herk and Grunk