Welcome Vepr to GTF.

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

Cooper

Woodsman
Mar 6, 2010
Alabama USA
Dear Members, Friends, Family,

As in the near future my time online is going to be limited to working on the forum. I regret with a heavy heart I have passed the forum on to a new owner. @vepr is another pro-gun forum owner that had expressed an interest in the forum. Timing was right and with my limited time and his vast knowledge and love for forums and firearms it just seemed like the perfect time.

@vepr also owns another forum that is pro-gun and he will introduce himself soon, I wanted to let you all know that I will be around time to time and if possible I will be active on the forum in the future.

You have been my family for the past months while I was working on the forum and building it. I hope that you show @vepr the same respect that you have shown me and warm welcoming.

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
Thanks @Cooper. I can't wait to get to know everyone. I love online tribes and communities and yours looks to have an amazing resource of individuals. I live in Georgia but I've spent a decade living in Oklahoma, as well as many years in Kentucky and my childhood in SW Ohio.

I'm a lifetime NRA member, a lifelong hunter and fisherman, I love to go camping and motorcycling. I work with a number of veteran owned businesses and I do work for a number of gun companies.

I've got 3 children that are in or entering their teenage years, so my hair is greying and thinning as you might expect. :)

I would love to hear from you all, what you like, what you love, what you'd like to see different, and your thoughts on growing this community.

Feel free to PM me or reply in this thread.

Thanks agin! Looking forward to getting to know you all.

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
Welcome from Memphis! And good luck with your future ventures @Cooper. Check in once in awhile!

Thanks bro. I've never been to Memphis, but I hear mixed things about it. I do visit NashVegas a lot and some friends just west of NashVegas around the Kentucky Lake.

Aimless1

Woodsman
Jan 20, 2013
NW Iowa
Hey vepr, welcome from NW Iowa!

I've got 3 children that are in or entering their teenage years, so my hair is greying and thinning as you might expect. :)

I raised 2 boys......they are in their mid 20's. What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger, right?

Reactions: 2 people

bmags

Hunter
Jul 8, 2016
Tennessee
Thanks bro. I've never been to Memphis, but I hear mixed things about it. I do visit NashVegas a lot and some friends just west of NashVegas around the Kentucky Lake.

There are good and bad things about Memphis. Great food, great local music scene, and some of the people are great. Crime is a big issue around here though. We always end up in the top 5 cities for violent crime in the US. Generally if you stay away from the downtown areas you're fine. There's lots of nice places just outside the city.

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
There are good and bad things about Memphis. Great food, great local music scene, and some of the people are great. Crime is a big issue around here though. We always end up in the top 5 cities for violent crime in the US. Generally if you stay away from the downtown areas you're fine. There's lots of nice places just outside the city.

Well I'm all about the food and music. :) And I'm learning that any major city is no safer than another... with the exception of Chiraq. We moved to Atlanta 5 years ago and it's one of the nicest, scariest, dangerous cities I've lived in.