Recipe Watermelon

Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
Anyone experiment with any Watermelon toppings?

We've probably all had salt and maybe some black pepper on our watermelon but have you tried anything else?

So far I've had grilled watermelon with Serrano chili pepper and brown sugar sprinkled over it.

Hate Dust and Frankenbling dust.

Also have had lime juice with chilli powder, coriander, cumin and cayenne pepper.

Have you tried anything else?

Reactions: sam and Tazz

Tazz

Scout
Trusted Trader
Jul 16, 2016
Coweta Co.
Zip code
Anyone experiment with any Watermelon toppings?

We've probably all had salt and maybe some black pepper on our watermelon but have you tried anything else?

So far I've had grilled watermelon with Serrano chili pepper and brown sugar sprinkled over it.

Hate Dust and Frankenbling dust.

Also have had lime juice with chilli powder, coriander, cumin and cayenne pepper.

Have you tried anything else?
Grilled watermelon? Dang man, I never heard of grilling watermelon. Lol

Reactions: dougiemac

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
Grilled is probably pretty good so long as the grill is hot as hell and the watermelon doesn't sit on there too long. I grilled some pineapple a month or so back- it was OK but dried out too much and got really sour instead of sweet. I dehydrated it and concentrated way too much pineapple flavor.

Some caramelized watermelon sugar is probably pretty good... but I'd still sprinkle on some salt.

Tazz

Scout
Trusted Trader
Jul 16, 2016
Coweta Co.
Zip code
Grilled is probably pretty good so long as the grill is hot as hell and the watermelon doesn't sit on there too long. I grilled some pineapple a month or so back- it was OK but dried out too much and got really sour instead of sweet. I dehydrated it and concentrated way too much pineapple flavor.

Some caramelized watermelon sugar is probably pretty good... but I'd still sprinkle on some salt.
Red Robin has a burger called the Banzai Burger, it's marinated in teriyaki and topped with a slice of grilled pineapple among a buncha other stuff but the pineapple is real juicy and that burger is freakin' awesome. Maybe they marinate the pineapple in teriyaki too, idk?

Reactions: dial1911

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
It just sounds like it would be nasty. Lol

Some fast, high heat is good on most sugar rich fruit... I wouldn't leave it on the grill for five minutes or anything, but a really hot grill for one or two minutes should make some nice grill marks. Add the watermelon flavor to the crunchy, sweet caramelized sugar... could be good...

Reactions: Tazz

Wallace

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 26, 2015
Cartersville
Zip code
Some fast, high heat is good on most sugar rich fruit... I wouldn't leave it on the grill for five minutes or anything, but a really hot grill for one or two minutes should make some nice grill marks. Add the watermelon flavor to the crunchy, sweet caramelized sugar... could be good...
She you describe it like that, it sounds good.

Looking at hot watermelon though is tough to stomach. Especially knowing how good it is cold.

sam

Marksman
Trusted Trader
Apr 8, 2015
byron
Zip code
Just cut it and eat it

No one in my house eats it except me

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
Grilled pineapple and grilled peaches are awesome as well. Y'all should try it. Just a minute per side really. Just enough to put grill serration marks and caramelize the sugars.

Tazz

Scout
Trusted Trader
Jul 16, 2016
Coweta Co.
Zip code
Grilled pineapple and grilled peaches are awesome as well. Y'all should try it. Just a minute per side really. Just enough to put grill serration marks and caramelize the sugars.
I've had grilled peaches before, not bad at all. And of course the pineapple on the teriyaki burger was great.