Virginia Revoking CCW Reciprocity For 25 States

American Revival Apparel Company

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
"Attorney General Mark R. Herring (D) plans to announce Tuesday that Virginia will no longer recognize concealed carry handgun permits from 25 states that have reciprocity agreements with the commonwealth.

The states are: Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Idaho, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Mississippi, Montana, Nebraska, New Mexico, North Dakota, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Washington, Wisconsin and Wyoming.

Agreements will remain with West Virginia, Michigan, Oklahoma, Texas and Utah.

Virginia law lists 20 conditions that would disqualify a person from being issued a concealed carry handgun permit. They include anyone in the United States illegally, subject to a protection from abuse order, or convicted of various criminal charges from drunken driving to assault and battery.

Visitors to Virginia can still obtain a non-resident permit if they meet a separate set of standards set forth in the law."

Read more: https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...2ce3d0-a821-11e5-9b92-dea7cd4b1a4d_story.html

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
My hor far Virginia has fallen since the days of the Revolution. Unfortunately I have to go there 1-2 times a year to visit the family.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
This is the first step backward in cc rights in quite a long time. I hope it's not permanent.

World Class Dick Wrangler
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Sep 5, 2015
Da SAV
Zip code
You can't get a CCW in Va if you've been convicted of public drunkenness in the last three years......seriously.

mountainpass

Hunter
Nov 16, 2015
Jasper, GA
http://www.pagunblog.com/2015/12/22/the-first-shoe-drops-virginia-reciprocity/

We know that yesterday Administration officials told us they were coordinating with state officials to see how many ways gun owners could be screwed over. Well, the first shoe to drop seems to be by shredding most of Virginia’s reciprocity agreements, including with Pennsylvania. After the Democratic Attorney General Mark Herring closes open season on Virginia’s gun owners, the only states left with reciprocity will be West Virginia, Michigan, Oklahoma, Texas and Utah.
I would note that Virginia code is pretty specific about what makes states eligible for reciprocity, and provides that the Attorney General and State Police shall enter into agreements. It provides no mechanism by which agreements can be withdrawn from once agreed upon. To me that leaves the door open for a lawsuit.

mountainpass

Hunter
Nov 16, 2015
Jasper, GA
http://gunfreezone.net/wordpress/in...ginia-citizens-to-legally-carry-in-our-state/

To: Pam Bondi, Florida Attorney General. Subject: Allow Virginia Citizens to Legally Carry in our State.

I thought the days of putting up signs saying “We don’t allow your kind here.” in our nation were long gone, but apparently they have been brought back to life by some petty elected officials. It is our duty to show that we will refuse to play that game by responding in kind.

Let’s embarrass the hell out of Virginia’s Attorney General Mark R. Herring and even Governor Terry McAuliffe.

mountainpass

Hunter
Nov 16, 2015
Jasper, GA
All has been reversed in the deal and now all states even GA will have reciprocity with VA. Gov signed the bill package today.

http://www.michael-webert.com/delega...igned_into_law

Delegate Michael Webert (R-18 District) is excited to announce that his legislation, House Bill 1163 has been signed into law by Governor Terry McAuliffe. HB1163 facilitates the reciprocity of concealed carry agreements by ensuring that an individual who is 21 years of age, and possesses a valid concealed carry permit from any state is allowed to carry a concealed firearm in Virginia.

mountainpass

Hunter
Nov 16, 2015
Jasper, GA
https://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=536545

Here's how this will break down in Virginia between now and July 1
RECIPROCITY/RECOGNITION

From now until July, we will continue to honor all the states we were honoring as of December 1st (approximately 30). That means that states that have been honoring Virginia permits should continue to do so. HOWEVER, there could be some sputtering on that as the current March 1st deadline will be moved to June 30th on Monday - cutting it awfully close. The Virginia State Police will update their web site on Monday and will be mailing the states that were originally going to lose recognition on March 1st and let them know that Virginia is going to continue honoring their permits uninterrupted into the future.

To play it safe, I'd recommend also carrying your Utah or Florida non-resident permits (if you have one) as backup when traveling out of state. If you don't have a Utah or Florida non-resident permit, then you should check with the Attorney General's office of the state(s) you plan to visit on their status of recognizing the Virginia Concealed Handgun Permit.

Hopefully not too long after July 1st, New Hampshire, Georgia, and Colorado should begin to honor Virginia permits. I will advise as they come online.

On July 1, citizens of those 19 or so states Virginia does not currently honor, such as California, Oregon, Maine, New York, etc., can begin to carry concealed in Virginia using their home state permit or any non-resident permit they might have.

Also on July 1, a Virginia citizen can continue to carry concealed in Virginia on a non-resident permit from another state as long as they have not been denied a Virginia permit

Virginia will FINALLY honor the permits from all other states come July 1 - YES!

Come visit Virginia, America, and feel free to bring your self-defense with you as you enjoy the wonderful, historical, and beautiful Old Dominion!

Cudruln

Turning dollars into pennies.
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
Constitutional carry. Enough said, all this other lethal crap is getting out of hand. Glad to see they reversed their original decision though

Reactions: Waterguy