Trolling the police

Laufen

Badass
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Do you deny being a statist? This is a serious question.
If the police come to your house today and take your firearms by force and put you in jail, what do you do and why?

If the police come to your house today and take your weed and put you in jail, what do you do and why?

FatAlbert

Cerakote applicator, PM for quotes.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
GA
www.facebook.com
Zip code
I'm not a "gang member". I understand the rules of how the system works. My wishes and opinions on the issue aren't worth a hill of shit. What I feel about the issues are of zero consequence or importance.

Your rights are totally worthless unless you can defend them in court. Sorry, but that's the fucking truth.
Freedom has rarely been won in the courtroom. Your rights are worthless unless you can defend them with violence.

I'll ask again, do you deny being a statist?

Laufen

Badass
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Freedom has rarely been won in the courtroom. Your rights are worthless unless you can defend them with violence.

I'll ask again, do you deny being a statist?
You're just spouting nonsense. Freedom is won in courtrooms across the country every fucking day.
lol, so you think the constitution and the supreme court holds zero power in giving our rights legal parameters that allow for the preventing of infringement? Ok, I can see I'm talking to a child. I'm out.

FatAlbert

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
GA
www.facebook.com
Zip code
You're just spouting nonsense. Freedom is won in courtrooms across the country every fucking day.
lol, so you think the constitution and the supreme court holds zero power in giving our rights legal parameters that allow for the preventing of infringement? Ok, I can see I'm talking to a child. I'm out.
They don't give us any rights. The people who wrote the Constitution clearly expressed so. Once again ignorant as fuck of history.

Laufen

Badass
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
They don't give us any rights. The people who wrote the Constitution clearly expressed so. Once again ignorant as fuck of history.
Again..you didn't read. Notice the difference between "give our rights parameters" and "give us rights"? Like I said, done. Once reading comprehension is out the window it's over.

FatAlbert

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
GA
www.facebook.com
Zip code
Again..you didn't read. Notice the difference between "give our rights parameters" and "give us rights"? Like I said, done. Once reading comprehension is out the window it's over.
I asked you to define individual rights for us and this was your answer. IMG_20190102_174124.jpg

I can read just fine.

FatAlbert

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
GA
www.facebook.com
Zip code
So according to laufen we don't need guns to defend our rights, because the only rights that matter are ones we can defend in court.

Tedkennedy

Omnivore
Site Supporter
May 17, 2016
Oklahoma
Zip code
I heard that one before.

You know, I think about this freedom concept all the time. There are very few instances where I'd advocate for government involvement.

One example is game management. The deer and other wildlife belong to everyone, abiding by reasonable laws helps keep game numbers in check and at levels desired. (that's the goal, anyway) I don't always agree with every law, but I understand that some limits are necessary for a shared resource.

On the other hand, if Joe Blow wants to smoke a doobie, snort a line, slam a hit - as long as he's not operating a motor vehicle on a public road, why should anyone tell him he can't?

If he beats his wife, or steals a car, those are crimes unto themselves and punishable regardless of chemical ingestion.

The "war on drugs" has justified incarceration of thousands of non-violent offenders, seizure of personal property without due process, spying on individuals (prior to Homeland Security!) - and our drug problems continue to grow.

Fentanyl has surpassed heroin for the biggest OD culprit of 2018, and guess what? It's distributed by authorized dealers, with a protected market, enforced by employees of Uncle Sam.

Now the Chinese appear to be getting into this market, since it's a black market unless you know a doc, the profits are high.

As long as there's a market, there will be dealers. As long as the state forbids it, many people will want it. I never wanted a bumpstock until now....but I know, I know - that's different, lol.

Grunk

Sweeping the Steps of your Empire
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 31, 2018
Monroe
Zip code
I heard that one before.

You know, I think about this freedom concept all the time. There are very few instances where I'd advocate for government involvement.

One example is game management. The deer and other wildlife belong to everyone, abiding by reasonable laws helps keep game numbers in check and at levels desired. (that's the goal, anyway) I don't always agree with every law, but I understand that some limits are necessary for a shared resource.

On the other hand, if Joe Blow wants to smoke a doobie, snort a line, slam a hit - as long as he's not operating a motor vehicle on a public road, why should anyone tell him he can't?

If he beats his wife, or steals a car, those are crimes unto themselves and punishable regardless of chemical ingestion.

The "war on drugs" has justified incarceration of thousands of non-violent offenders, seizure of personal property without due process, spying on individuals (prior to Homeland Security!) - and our drug problems continue to grow.

Fentanyl has surpassed heroin for the biggest OD culprit of 2018, and guess what? It's distributed by authorized dealers, with a protected market, enforced by employees of Uncle Sam.

Now the Chinese appear to be getting into this market, since it's a black market unless you know a doc, the profits are high.

As long as there's a market, there will be dealers. As long as the state forbids it, many people will want it. I never wanted a bumpstock until now....but I know, I know - that's different, lol.
Well put. Game management, to continue your example, is an effort to manage a community resource, for lack of a better phrase, so that everyone who wants to hunt, photograph, whatever can have that opportunity. Prohibition, whether of drugs, alcohol, tobacco, bump stocks, big gulps, cars that go 'too fast', whatever are all efforts to control human behavior. Historically, these efforts work poorly at best and require a government infrastructure that has been abused in every historical instance I know of.

Laufen

Badass
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Well put. Game management, to continue your example, is an effort to manage a community resource, for lack of a better phrase, so that everyone who wants to hunt, photograph, whatever can have that opportunity. Prohibition, whether of drugs, alcohol, tobacco, bump stocks, big gulps, cars that go 'too fast', whatever are all efforts to control human behavior. Historically, these efforts work poorly at best and require a government infrastructure that has been abused in every historical instance I know of.
Human behavior like poaching?