• Total voters

Righter13

Student of life
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Greenville SC
Zip code
What are ya'lls preferred tourniquets?

Please post why it's your preferred and feel free to post Cons of other ones as well.

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
Hey something I know finally.

The CAT and the SOF-T are the best and have the peer reviewed studies to back them up as the most effective.

The RATS I like because of how easy t is to carry but to be effective it has to be applied properly which takes more practice than the CAT or SOF-T.

The SWAT I would keep as a third TQ because it can work but has to be applied the correct way, but it can also be used as a pressure dressing.

The TK4 is old school and from what I've read the DOD frowns on its use because it did not perform very well compared to the SOF-T or the CAT.

Another thing to note is that the CAT and SOF-T don't work well on children or animals but the SWAT and the RATS do.

Righter13

Student of life
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Greenville SC
Zip code
I am getting close to posting a date for a medical/trauma class that will cover all these tourniquets for those that are interested.
I'd def go. But won't be around those parts for a while though. You should video it

World Class Dick Wrangler
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Sep 5, 2015
Da SAV
Zip code
I keep a SOF-T I like the way they lock into the delta ring, stable, but easy to adjust.

Swat-t...meh, like @AtlMedic said, they do make a great pressure bandage.

I like the concept of the RATS, but I don't have any real experience with it.

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
I keep a SOF-T I like the way they lock into the delta ring, stable, but easy to adjust.

Swat-t...meh, like @AtlMedic said, they do make a great pressure bandage.

I like the concept of the RATS, but I don't have any real experience with it.

I think the SWAT is a good thing to have if you have the space since they fold flat and can be used for other things, but it would not be my choice for a primary or secondary TQ.

jabba21

Hunter
Mar 16, 2017
KY
Zip code
I carry a RATS because it's pretty easy to carry. Not sure I'd say it's my favorite, but it'll work.

Reactions: Righter13

Righter13

Student of life
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Greenville SC
Zip code
There are companies making various products now that allow you to carry a CAT pretty compact and easy.
NSR sells a sleeve that goes on your belt. That's my go to unless I have my Columbia pants on it which have a nice discreet pocket around the knee where I can easily hide a CAT Tourniquet.

Reactions: 1776 and AtlMedic
Mar 16, 2017
Missouri
Zip code
I prefer the CAT. Fairly simple to use, both on yourself (one or two handed) or on someone else. I keep two on my competition rig, and one in my trunk. We did some training with them in my unit and I was one of the few who knew how to use them!

Reactions: AtlMedic

Cudruln

Turning dollars into pennies.
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
Vote for the cat. There are some good options to carry these on a daily basis. I will have to try and find the name of the company but they name a kydex piece with quick release straps and belt loops. It was a real nice piece.

Reactions: Righter13

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
Vote for the cat. There are some good options to carry these on a daily basis. I will have to try and find the name of the company but they name a kydex piece with quick release straps and belt loops. It was a real nice piece.
pholster?